Leaving Fuel pressure test adapter in permantly,Can the schrader valve withstand fuel deteriation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redding

Reaction score
Good Day All,Getting ready to put tank and new fuel pump/Lines etc... back in,Was floating the the idea around in my head about leaving the actron pressure check adapter in after the fuel filter permanently.
My main concern is can the schrader valve o rings handle a constant wash of fuel all the time.This is the 90 degree type adapter(little thing),Thoughts????
Thanks.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I would be more concerned about the square O-ring on the pressure tester. That's just normal rubber for intermittent use, not designed to be a permanent fuel seal. High pressure fuel under the hot hood is nothing to mess around with.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
also would replace nitrile black ring with viton
I left that fitting in place behind the TBI on my '94 C2500LD for several years, no issues, but better safe than sorry.

I have had the square cut o-ring in a test gauge kit hose (ATD brand?) fail after a few dozen uses. Hardened up and didn't seal anymore. You'd think they would use a higher quality o-ring in a fuel pressure gauge kit..

Richard

redding

Reaction score
I had one go bad after one use,was one of those 20 some piece kits where the price is to good to be true.....and it is,I pickled up the maddox from HFT,it seems to seal good and got the 2 year warranty,btw the next tier up maddox tester kit which is $49 I believe actually includes this type of tbi adapter.

redding

Reaction score
just so Im clear on what everyone has mentioned,the square ring is the bit inside the female thread end of the gauge hose itself?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yes.

I may have mis-read what you are intending. Do you want to keep the gauge hooked up full time to read pressure as your driving?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Intriguing! I recently installed a reconditioned fuel injector pod in my truck along with that very same adaptor. I've had it on the shelf for at least seven years. So far, no leaks but I am curious as to how long it will hold up.

redding

Reaction score
Yes.

I may have mis-read what you are intending. Do you want to keep the gauge hooked up full time to read pressure as your driving?
oh no I just wanted to leave the adapter inline after the fuel filter so I can test pressure with out having to disconect the fuel lines