Tbi fuel pressure gauge adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. That's the one PlayingWithTBI linked to as well last year. May have to pony up the washingtons and get one, plus a Schrader valve or guage. Hopefully I can only buy one and use it on both the suburban and the doghouse if it gets rehab...
I’ll be the guinea pig. I’m going to add their AFPR, too. My TBI is being rebuilt right now by SPR performance, once it’s back I’ll probably add those parts. I’ve also got a spacer, which helps according to the butt dyno.

Anyways, sorry for slightly derailing.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll be the guinea pig. I’m going to add their AFPR, too. My TBI is being rebuilt right now by SPR performance, once it’s back I’ll probably add those parts. I’ve also got a spacer, which helps according to the butt dyno.

Anyways, sorry for slightly derailing.
All good and relavent. If/when you add those parts, I'd like to see a review of them. I won't be ordering them anytime soon as I just dropped a few hundred on heated O2 sensor stuff for the burb and unexpected expenses around the house.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just sharing this. CFM technologies sells a permanent TBI fuel pressure gauge setup. I am going to add one to both trucks. They also sell a 30psi gauge.

I found this site last year and thought it was Xmas. I put everything I wanted into the cart and went to checkout only to find they don't ship outside of USA/Canada, talk about being gutted, you guys don't realise how lucky you all are having everything at your finger tips. Anyway, I found another way around it using 4 different adapters and fittings so all good after all.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I found this site last year and thought it was Xmas. I put everything I wanted into the cart and went to checkout only to find they don't ship outside of USA/Canada, talk about being gutted, you guys don't realise how lucky you all are having everything at your finger tips. Anyway, I found another way around it using 4 different adapters and fittings so all good after all.
Well s***, something like that comes up again, I'd be willing to help get the parts shipped to you if we figured out the best method.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome, I would really appreciate it.
Yes, absolutely. I was going to make the same offer as Termite.
All good and relavent. If/when you add those parts, I'd like to see a review of them. I won't be ordering them anytime soon as I just dropped a few hundred on heated O2 sensor stuff for the burb and unexpected expenses around the house.
Will do. The ‘94 will get it first and then I’ll toss one on the ‘95. Or vice versa. Not sure. But I will make a “how-to” post and review.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this thread is good timing, look what I got in the mail today.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can't seem to locate a source for this adapter in a quick search. Alas, I also don't want to drop ~$50 on an adapter that I still need a Schrader valve or permanent guage for.
I've looked all over for the Actron fitting by itself, and their kit that includes it, and though both are listed currently on their website - looks like everywhere that used to sell it, doesn't anymore. The parts appear to be discontinued. :(

Through some digging I found the OEMTOOLS equivalent part # and the picture shows it to be the exact same part as the Actron 95304. OEMTOOLS 27167B - and Jegs shows it "more than 10 in stock" at $16.99: https://www.jegs.com/i/OEMTOOLS/693/27167B/10002/-1

Apparently it was included as part of their whole pressure test kit 27167 which may no longer be available, but there seem to be some of the adapters still floating around. I also can't find anybody else right away with the adapter in stock except Jeg's so it looks like they're fading quickly.

In the spirit of "put your money where your mouth is" on seemingly discontinued items, I bought 2 just to have in my tool backstock so I can continue working on TBI vehicles in the future. Not needing anything else from Jegs at the moment I paid a bit of a premium but it does appear they're on their way at $26.50/ea after shipping and tax, but still not painful at all for a hard-to-find item.

Now to see if they actually arrrive! :)

Richard

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mind you, back in the day it wasn't unreasonable to rig up an adapter of your own to test in place of the fuel filter. The kits that were advertised as "NOT compatible with GM TBI" would still work. I mean unless you're working on a 94-95 7.4, the pressures are low, so a couple hose clamps on a barbed T-fitting are totally fine. With proper clamping I'd imagine the 26-32 spec of the newer 7.4 would be OK, too.

The setup I used at first (and still have) was an ATD 5567 kit but pretty much everyone has this cheapo thing, including Horrible Freight. These pictures are practically ancient at this point - I think I put them together around 2010. Anyway the first one showing the barbed T fitting with hoses pushed over it and clamped, then the hoses could simply be pushed over the fuel line ends where the filter installs.

The HF kit is a copy of the ATD or possibly same manufacturer just relabeled.

I've also still got 2 new-in-package Actron CP7817 kits (60 psi gauge including the TBI fitting) when Summit was blowing them out years ago, and now with these 2 OEMTOOLS fittings coming, I should be set for testing TBI's for decades to come. ;)

Richard

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I've looked all over for the Actron fitting by itself, and their kit that includes it, and though both are listed currently on their website - looks like everywhere that used to sell it, doesn't anymore. The parts appear to be discontinued. :(

Through some digging I found the OEMTOOLS equivalent part # and the picture shows it to be the exact same part as the Actron 95304. OEMTOOLS 27167B - and Jegs shows it "more than 10 in stock" at $16.99: https://www.jegs.com/i/OEMTOOLS/693/27167B/10002/-1

Apparently it was included as part of their whole pressure test kit 27167 which may no longer be available, but there seem to be some of the adapters still floating around. I also can't find anybody else right away with the adapter in stock except Jeg's so it looks like they're fading quickly.

In the spirit of "put your money where your mouth is" on seemingly discontinued items, I bought 2 just to have in my tool backstock so I can continue working on TBI vehicles in the future. Not needing anything else from Jegs at the moment I paid a bit of a premium but it does appear they're on their way at $26.50/ea after shipping and tax, but still not painful at all for a hard-to-find item.

Now to see if they actually arrrive! :)

Richard
Can you guess what I'm about to be spending money on?

Thanks for taking a dive into finding an equivalent and sharing it. Honestly, getting you on a tool hunt was not my intent.

I prefer not to do the hose clamp thing in the filter location if avoidable. Haven't had the tank out on the suburban (95 w/ 7.4) and suspect there is trash within.

Many thanks Richard.