Tbi 350 exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like them to look like GM could have built them that way. Hence an 8.1L GMT800 2500/3500HD replacement muffler and tail pipe.

You must be registered for see images attach
That’s rad! I might steal your idea on my next build. It will be to low to run a tailpipe but I will run turn downs on that big muffler.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked into the dual front pipe from a Vortec as an upgrade to my '95 TBI truck. It would probably fit, but my truck had a single O2 located in the Y, just in front of the converter inlet.
While I could block off the other 3 bungs and put the sensor into one, it would limit the collection of gasses to one bank, like the earlier models. I kinda like the factory location sampling both at the Y. (I upgraded to a 3-wire heated O2 sensor)

Instead I bought a mandrel bent 3" and shorty headers. Then a 3" Magnaflow for sound control. A single 3" pipe lowers the exhaust tone, and it has more volume than the dual 1.75 diameter pipes without sacrificing exhaust velocity.

Jerrys1990

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes sense. The emissions testing stations are too lazy to crawl under the truck so they can stick the sniffer in the pipe for OBDI vehicles :biggrin:

Here in Maricopa County AZ I'm running a 3" Borla Pro XS straight through muffler. It didn't bother them the last time, before I got the "Historic Venicle" plate and "Collector Car" insurance. Now I'm exempt ;)
Sorry to dig up an old post....how does that 3" Pro-Xs sound? Any video? Looking at one for my '90....3 inch single exhaust all the way back. Wondering how loud it is since it's only offered in a 14" case.

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This YouTube channel is dedicated to showing the sounds of exhaust on various vehicles. Most of it isn't related to Gmt400, but there are a couple of videos that are.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is pretty loud but, since I put in the 383 with the single 3” Cat straight into the Pro XS it’s a little quieter with less drone, ha ha