TBI Exhaust manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgeHill

Reaction score
I've got a cracked manifold on my '95 K1500 5.7L truck and looking at options. I want to stay with cast manifolds and not switch to manifolds for simplicity so I've been looking at options and pretty much just see Dorman and ATP.

Dorman gets mention on here as being pretty rough out of the box, but are they decent once the mating surface is flattened?

What about ATP, just one post I could find, but no real use experience.

While I would prefer to buy an out of the box part ready to go I don't mind if I have to put some work into one to get it ok. I just don't want to have to do this every 10k miles or what not.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought dorman manifolds when I did my V8 swap on my ‘92. They were straight and bolted right up. 5 years later and I have no issues. I did not use a manifold gasket either.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Was there a specific model you used?
ask @L31MaxExpress he knows what ones to get they make a few for the gen 1 small block and as far as manifolds go I think they are the best in terms of performance and fitment way better then sock/replacement offerings and they fit both tbi and vortec I think if it was me I would get ebay shorty headers

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My head is about rusted to the block and the manifold bolts are broken off inside. Either going to buy an extractor kit, or if nothing else works I’ll try EZ out, and if not I’ll make some calls

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
ask @L31MaxExpress he knows what ones to get they make a few for the gen 1 small block and as far as manifolds go I think they are the best in terms of performance and fitment way better then sock/replacement offerings and they fit both tbi and vortec I think if it was me I would get ebay shorty headers
I had a cracked manifold, and replaced both OEM manifolds, w/ stainless steel shorty headers from eBay, for around $110, back in 2020. Surprisingly decent quality, no problems with the headers.

I did have to modify the power steering bracket, and bend the oil dipstick. They did not really line up with the stock Y pipe, so I ended up having a whole custom exhaust (which was okay, since the previous exhaust system was cobbled up).

I didn't want to use cast iron manifolds because if they cracked once, they could crack again.