Talk some sense into me please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Hopefully I will find something soon. I am resigned to the fact that I am going to spend another summer working out of my tahoe.

That's kinda where I am. I planned on replacing my Saturn last fall/early-winter and I'm still driving it. I didn't look real hard for a vehicle when it was cold and snowy, Though. I just looked at a couple vehicles today, and both have isuses..... one another Saturn that is in better shape than mine in every way bit one. The transmission shifts hard, which is a known issue, or set of possible issues. The other is a LB7 Duramax that is kinda beat on, but has it's positives too...... and it also has a transmission code which means there's likely a malfunction with the Allision that my cheapy code reader won't detect.

I don't work out of my Saturn, but I do drive it too work..... 100 miles round trip.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet he could find one at a Copart auction, like a wrecked out one for reasonable price though, I didn't think of that.
Nope. Even auction trucks go for stupid prices around here. I-35 is a direct line to Mexico, and all the cheap trucks get vacuumed up by the growing economies in Central America. Also, you have to remember that if you're not a dealer buying from them regularly, the auction fees are an additional 50% on top of your bid.

I'm a fan of doing stupid things, but I think this is a bridge too far. I'll keep shooting you links to trucks I see around here.

Ada's not too far, and it's been up a week and a half, so you might be able to negotiate $2500 or better.
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/ada-chevy-1ton-service-truck/7301796303.html

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. Even auction trucks go for stupid prices around here. I-35 is a direct line to Mexico, and all the cheap trucks get vacuumed up by the growing economies in Central America. Also, you have to remember that if you're not a dealer buying from them regularly, the auction fees are an additional 50% on top of your bid.

I'm a fan of doing stupid things, but I think this is a bridge too far. I'll keep shooting you links to trucks I see around here.

Ada's not too far, and it's been up a week and a half, so you might be able to negotiate $2500 or better.
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/ada-chevy-1ton-service-truck/7301796303.html

That's exactly what I was talking about! Bare bones Chayanne trim! You can't beat that for the price! I suspect those trucks had a well-managed maintenance program too. Even has a damn generator!

I think I even considered one of these when I was looking for a 3/4 or 1 ton, but didn't know if they were cab/chassis and I wanted a regular bed. I know a guy that bought one of these and he's in the construction business. Says it's great for keeping all his tools in there safe and dry. Tows a small tractor also with it.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That truck looks like a steal. I'd already be on the way to Ada, but my wife would have a fit. I need to get the truck transmission together, fix the Jag, and get the Cadillac in the shop before I even consider another vehicle.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck looks like a steal. I'd already be on the way to Ada, but my wife would have a fit. I need to get the truck transmission together, fix the Jag, and get the Cadillac in the shop before I even consider another vehicle.
Yeah I'm on the way to a job right now but I'm going to be calling my friend in Ada to have him take a look at it for me. I don't have money right now but it looks like I need to find some. Do you happen to know of any banks in Oklahoma that have particularly poor security? [emoji1787]

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk