Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Years now I've been on the fence of selling my 2006 Silverado SS Intimidator (the Redneckinator) - it's a great truck and has been really reliable (other than the 4L65E) but I've just never fallen in love with it. I've got too much invested in it to even think about but it should sell for decent money, most of which I'd just stash in the bank for other purposes, and buy a beater truck.

Which brings me to the beater truck. It'd have to be a daily driver, and I have very specific desires when it comes to what I'll spend money/effort on:

Gotta be 1992-1994, and 1994 is probably the year I'd go for most.
ECSB fleetside, or RCSB/RCLB fleetside. No ECLB; won't fit in the garage. No stepsides.
No 4WD's. I'm strictly a RWD guy on trucks, and it'll get lowered.
350/automatic only, not interested in diving into engine swaps.
Hoping to find one with good gray cloth interior.. I've seen a few out there still.
Oh, and gotta be PW/PL/tilt/cruise/etc. optioned truck. No base models.
2K-4K on the price for a running/driving truck. They're out there..

I've seen a few contenders for sale so far but nothing that has seriously grabbed me. For a while I was hunting C2500 7.4's but it would have to be a Suburban or a RCLB, any other version of a 2500 won't fit in the garage. As much as I'd like the durability of the 7.4/4L80E/9.5, I haven't been able to find any that fit my narrow criteria.

Thoughts? I already know I'm nuts.

Richard

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
F M L facebook had to bring up my "memories" from.. 8 years ago! It's when I'd decided to put the black '94 2500LD and the red '97 Suburban/LS1 swap up for sale. Regretted selling the '94 almost immediately. 2/3/2015 when I posted them for sale; it's been that long since I've had a 400, WOW :( FWIW the only thing I regret about the Suburban is buying it in the first place.. what a junkpile (mostly due to the super-hacked LS1 swap)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna stick to the "DO NOT WANT TO SELL" - keeping the truck. I'm an idiot...but whatever. Someone has to keep my insurance agent in business I guess.

Richard

Atta boy Richard!
Helping you with those farcebook memories. You know dang well that NONE OF US will try to talk you out of it!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I say go for it. You've got vehicles that you can drive while searching, so you can take your time. I would think it a good idea to expand your candidates a little wider, Though. I wasn't looking for a Volvo when I bought my 850..... I don't see why you couldn't be happy with a 4x4. They can be lowered, although maybe not as low as what you plan for a 2wd. I think the 4L80e would also be a good idea.

You could always get a Ford, and swap in a 6.5L diesel :jester:
o_O