Steering wander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance but what does cranked mean in this application?

Torsion bar keys on the front end, cranking them up increases height at the expense of ride comfort and front end part longevity.

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not at my truck to verify and I’m out of town but I too had noticed what seemed to be quite a bit of play when the engine wasn’t running, only to tighten up with very little play when running. I replaced Pittman arm, tie rod ends, idler arm and after replacing with two rebuilt steering boxes (Cardone then AC Delco) I went with a Red Head. Red Head was awesome but after I put it in I thought it still had too much play although better but when I had it running the play went away. The Red Head was awesome and worth the high cost. Only problem is now 1.5 years later and out of warranty my RedHead box is leaking. Even with that it did so good I’ll probably buy another due to the nice tight steering.