Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

Since this is the "bible" thread for GMT400 lighting I thought I'd ask for 2021 update on what's still the best options out there for headlights and housings. Mine have finally decayed to the point that I can't polish them up anymore and one of them is now getting water in.

Are the best options for stock replacements (outside of the GM units, L & R) still?
Plastic: Anzo 111004
Glass: Spyder 5012388

Thanks Folks,

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Howdy,

Since this is the "bible" thread for GMT400 lighting I thought I'd ask for 2021 update on what's still the best options out there for headlights and housings. Mine have finally decayed to the point that I can't polish them up anymore and one of them is now getting water in.

Are the best options for stock replacements (outside of the GM units, L & R) still?
Plastic: Anzo 111004
Glass: Spyder 5012388

Thanks Folks,

I plan on buying TYC, and possibly using the GM mounts. I bought TYC lights for my Saturn and am pretty happy with them.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the Spyder's mounting/adjustment limitations outweighed by the glass lenses? While I've not seen a recent mention of it, I did see someone posting that the adjusters on the Sypders was pretty weak and broke on them.

Thanks

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Has anyone had any experience with these Spyder projector headlights? I like how subtle they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Has anyone had any experience with these Spyder projector headlights? I like how subtle they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a member here post a review on them years ago. He was not impressed. The cut off line was really bad and they sat crooked in the grille no matter how he adjusted them.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I guess your still busy.

Sweet Jesus Drew ... I'm sorry for not responding. I hope you and yours are well.
I haven't checked this forum in a very long while.....and yes, school has all of my attention. I got two degrees in 28 months, just a tad more time than most get one degree. This month I started SUNY Polytechnic and am halfway to getting my BA.....Had a complete shoulder replacement in June. Technically it's called a reverse shoulder arthroplasty. and had some tendons fixed in my right hand........I do miss you guys, truly.

My truck has been down for six months now due to the flywheel taking a dump again.....and no money to fix her. Being a broker than broke college student is not all that it's cracked up to be. All I have on the road is my two bikes, and this winter has been brutal.....this scamdemic really ****** me up, but that's a story for another day.

You must be registered for see images

I certainly hope everyone that I've met along this journey has been safe and the universe is treating everyone with kindness.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet Jesus Drew ... I'm sorry for not responding. I hope you and yours are well.
I haven't checked this forum in a very long while.....and yes, school has all of my attention. I got two degrees in 28 months, just a tad more time than most get one degree. This month I started SUNY Polytechnic and am halfway to getting my BA.....Had a complete shoulder replacement in June. Technically it's called a reverse shoulder arthroplasty. and had some tendons fixed in my right hand........I do miss you guys, truly.

My truck has been down for six months now due to the flywheel taking a dump again.....and no money to fix her. Being a broker than broke college student is not all that it's cracked up to be. All I have on the road is my two bikes, and this winter has been brutal.....this scamdemic really ****** me up, but that's a story for another day.

You must be registered for see images

I certainly hope everyone that I've met along this journey has been safe and the universe is treating everyone with kindness.
Congrats on the degrees. Your truck breaking really sucks. I'm dealing with some medical issues too, thanks Agent Orange. The VietNamese didn't kill me so the VA is going to take a swing at it.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Congrats on the degrees. Your truck breaking really sucks. I'm dealing with some medical issues too, thanks Agent Orange. The VietNamese didn't kill me so the VA is going to take a swing at it.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that bro....it really does suck that we have these crosses to carry, but carry them we must.....I have learned that (for me) there can be no growth without struggle.....and I'm struggling enough for five men. Giving up is not on the option card though.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry to hear that bro....it really does suck that we have these crosses to carry, but carry them we must.....I have learned that (for me) there can be no growth without struggle.....and I'm struggling enough for five men. Giving up is not on the option card though.
I know there are a LOT of people that have more problems than me but I'm getting tired of dealing with these medical issues. I feel especially sorry for the young kids that are dealing with serious medical issues.