Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Opie-joe

Reaction score
Thank you guys for diligently posting so much information about the headlights!
I do have a couple questions. Regarding the Anzo 111004. Which seems to be the practical answer for my replacement.

1. Does anyone have experience using the version with smoked lens?
(Difference with output and diffusion of light)

2. Does anyone have experience using the low-brow lights?
(Same as above)

I’m battling with practicality vs. aesthetics.

Thanks.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Found this good article about why you should avoid blue tinted bulbs: https://www.acarplace.com/2016/02/headlights/amp/

Probably going to be going back to halogens at some point once I get my HD harness and 4 hi kit installed on Shrek. The LEDs are great, but the light distance just isn’t there like the halogens.

OH, and before I forget, I have been hearing online that LED composite housings are in the works right now, and supposedly a member on a GMT400 Facebook group I’m apart of says he’s testing the prototypes at the moment. He never posted a picture of the lights or the pattern of them on the road, so who knows if it’s actually true or not…

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Found this good article about why you should avoid blue tinted bulbs: https://www.acarplace.com/2016/02/headlights/amp/

Probably going to be going back to halogens at some point once I get my HD harness and 4 hi kit installed on Shrek. The LEDs are great, but the light distance just isn’t there like the halogens.

OH, and before I forget, I have been hearing online that LED composite housings are in the works right now, and supposedly a member on a GMT400 Facebook group I’m apart of says he’s testing the prototypes at the moment. He never posted a picture of the lights or the pattern of them on the road, so who knows if it’s actually true or not…
I have a multitude of Ciebie lamps. If and when you decide to go back and want fogs, drivers, etc. give me a ping, maybe we can make a gentleman's deal.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
This might be a better mod.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I just might have to try that mod someday, I love that wide pattern of a projector lens.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure they have awesome illumination, but I personally don’t like the look of them on these trucks. The glass Spyder’s are an upgrade to the faded OE’s, I have them but wish I got the Arteb’s. :Whoa:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I saw a guy do this and really do it well....it's still illegal though.