Hid projector retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I finally got the urge and went for it.

I bought new housings and morimoto h1 bixenon projectors to go with my current hid set up.

Started on it but still got quite a bit of work to do.

Here's some pics

You must be registered for see images attach

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Update

Got both the lights mounted and put together minus the outside lens. Shrouds cut and mounted everything is good to go just have to clean up them up and seal everythkng.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turned them on and the cutoff was kinda of rounded and I'm not really sure of what to do about that...

If you have any clue of how I could flatten it out it would be appreciated.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this exact thing! I have basically decided on those projectors and everything. Where did you get the mimi H1s from and what did they cost if you don't mind me asking? I've heard that he ones at Theretrofitsource while really expensive don't require any cutting. You just take the lens off the light and put a threaded rod through the old 9006 hole and attache a nut from the back. IDK if that would work on ours or not.

Pics of the beam pattern? Did you just use DDM HIDs? How did you attach the projectos?

Sorry for all the questions. They do look really nice!

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy is always on one of the super duty fourms and this a very common mod. They all use the acura tsx projectors i guess they are the best for mods for fords but im just throwing it out there.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy is always on one of the super duty fourms and this a very common mod. They all use the acura tsx projectors i guess they are the best for mods for fords but im just throwing it out there.
I've heard that the TSX projectors are basically one of the very best. They are a low beam only one and I really like the idea of a bi-xenon projector. Sure we don't need bi-xenon because we have separate his and lows but HID highs aren't the best becuase HIDs aren't good to be turned on and off a lot. Bi-xenon projectors will be slightly dimmer than a comparable low only projector but still very good and way better than a gmt-400 headlight I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost