Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Spyders, I run them on my Suburban with a 4 high/HD harness. Nothing special on the bulbs, just good halogens. I would rather drive that rig at night than any other vehicle I own, or have owned. And that includes a 2017 F150 with the factory LEDs.
Yeah, my setup is perfect for me too....The bulbs do make a difference. Phillips or Osram is what I run in my truck and bikes.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And now the Spyders are out of stock with no ETA…

I need a solution asap.. tempted to go with Anzos knowing down the road I’ll probably want to get Artebs anyways…

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
tempted to go with Anzos knowing down the road I’ll probably want to get Artebs anyways…

I have the Anzo 111004s in both of my '97s and I honestly think they're a little nicer than the Spyders. They've got plastic lenses, but I haven't had any issues with them yellowing or fading over time. One set has been installed since 2013.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the Anzo 111004s in both of my '97s and I honestly think they're a little nicer than the Spyders. They've got plastic lenses, but I haven't had any issues with them yellowing or fading over time. One set has been installed since 2013.
Thanks for that-
How are the adjusters? The junk ones I have are shot so I have use what comes with-

And from other things I’ve read the Anzos anecdotally seem to have better fit?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How are the adjusters?

I haven't had any problems with mine. IIRC that was one of the complaints that some people had with the Spyders.

And from other things I’ve read the Anzos anecdotally seem to have better fit?

That has been my experience. I've seen some cheap aftermarket light brackets not line up properly with the holes in the core support causing the housings to sit crooked even when adjusted. The Anzos fit great, no issues.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Spyder’s that I’m not using currently. IMO, the adjusters are crap. If you are going to get the Arteb’s eventually, I’d go with something cheaper than Spyder’s. I would recommend spraying even new plastic lenses with Meguiers Headlight sealer. UV protection protects against yellowing, but if it’s just a stop-gap light maybe don’t bother.
FWIW, after taking my Spyder’s off, I installed them on my original mounting bracket’s. It can be done, and now they have OEM adjusting, although I’m not using them. Below is pics of them in GM adjusters.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of Spyder’s that I’m not using currently. IMO, the adjusters are crap. If you are going to get the Arteb’s eventually, I’d go with something cheaper than Spyder’s. I would recommend spraying even new plastic lenses with Meguiers Headlight sealer. UV protection protects against yellowing, but if it’s just a stop-gap light maybe don’t bother.
FWIW, after taking my Spyder’s off, I installed them on my original mounting bracket’s. It can be done, and now they have OEM adjusting, although I’m not using them. Below is pics of them in GM adjusters.
If you want to let those go let me know how much you want, better to keep it in house than give it to Amazon if it can be helped…

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spyder headlights are grate. They make a grate product. That being said, I bought a very cheap set of headlights, with turn signal lights, but no corner markers. Yes, they are flimsy, but once I installed them, and install the grill, there fine. Reason I didn't want the corner markers, is BC I have the 4 corner side marker, mod. And also, I like the look of the yellow side markers. Also, the headlights, are LED compatible. They have a shield Infront of the low beam build. This way, you are not blinding everyone else on the road. Now go to brights, and yes, it lights up the hole road, for a ways. There are no shields on the bright side.

Attachments

• 20221024_143648.jpg
    20221024_143648.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20221017-194730_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221017-194730_Chrome.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20221102-204641.png
    Screenshot_20221102-204641.png
    529 KB · Views: 10

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with mine. IIRC that was one of the complaints that some people had with the Spyders.

That has been my experience. I've seen some cheap aftermarket light brackets not line up properly with the holes in the core support causing the housings to sit crooked even when adjusted. The Anzos fit great, no issues.
Yes, as I recall, I couldn't get the margin from the lamp to trim 'perfectly,' no matter what I did. However, I also remember the right side bulb not seating correctly once, which was mitigated easily.

What is this 'Super Moderator' thing?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, as I recall, I couldn't get the margin from the lamp to trim 'perfectly,' no matter what I did. However, I also remember the right side bulb not seating correctly once, which was mitigated easily.

What is this 'Super Moderator' thing?
Agree, one of the adjusters broke on mine when trying to adjust. Fixture does fit perfectly in OEM adjusting plate, which is well made.