speakers getting power no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozziefudd

Reaction score
I just installed an aftrmarket radio, connected all the spaeker leads and am getting power to the front speaker but no sound. checked all the leads a couple of times. Spaekers do not look blown...

ChRoNo16

Reaction score
so.. without any vehicle information, information on how you determined you have power, nobody is going to try and help.

What are we working with, what stereo did you put in, did you use the correct harness, is there an amp you didnt bypass...

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck?
Why you say, "you have power to the front speakers but no sound".... do you mean the stereo powers up, but there's no sound from rhe speakers?

Ozziefudd

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. '94 Silverado short bed 350cu in. the stereo powers up but no sound or noise from speakers.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
What stereo was in it before and did those speakers work at that time? What radio is this? How do you know you're getting "power" to the speakers? The way I understand it, "power" to the speakers would translate into sound of some sort. When you wired up your radio, did you use an adaptor harness or did you splice it all together? It's probably worth checking your wiring again, as well as your signal source.

Ozziefudd

Reaction score
the stock radio was in the truck and ws not working. I checked the terminals on the r/f speaker wiwth a test light, both side lit up. the new radio came with a harness, spiced the wires from the truckvto it. will recheck

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps, but can't hurt to post it.

LF - tan (+) / grey (-)
RF - light green (+) / dark green (-)
LR - brown (+) / yellow (-)
RR - dark blue (+) / light blue (-)
Mem - orange
Ign - yellow

Little installer trick is to "pop" the speaker with a battery. It verifies correct wires are being used, verifies the speaker is working, and if you can physically see the speaker, it will move the cone outward if the polarity of the battery is hooked accordingly to the speaker polarity (+ to + and - to -).....

Betty-White

Reaction score
Just swapped my factory radio same thing happened no sound from speakers. Turned out aftermarket radio had wires for speakers and RCA jacks for speakers that send the speaker signal via RCA jacks to after market amp and not wires. The setting menu on my radio I was able to turn RCAs on and off when the RCAs were on speaker wires didn't work when the RCA was off sound came through the speakers wires. Just a thought something to check especially if that was a radio that was in another vehicle they may had it set up with an amplifier sending the speaker signal through the RC jacks