Iphone direct to speakers with no radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Car question.
I don't want to run a car radio, gauges will occupy that spot for better legroom.
Is there a Bluetooth driver that will receive the Bluetooth signal from the phone
and send to conventionally wired speakers?
I am aware of Bluetooth speakers, have one in my shop don't want that in the car.
I want a conventional 6x9 dual mount in the package tray. It would also be cleaner to power a driver under the dash and regular speaker wires to the rear without the need for power in the rear.
And, it must pair automatically to the phone I set it up with, my shop speaker has to be manually re-paired every time I go out of range.
Pre-pairing a couple phones would be a bonus feature.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An Amp with a aux input, use Bluetooth dongle plugged into aux input. How I send Bluetooth to my non Bluetooth receiver radio in truck. Same principle?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ X2.

Something like this plugged straight into the RCA inputs of a car audio amplifier should do what you want. I have this exact model running to an AUX input on the radio in my red '97. It automatically connects to my phone whenever I start the truck. Connection is very simple, you just need a power source and a ground.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_822BTREC/Milennia-MIL-BTREC.html

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ X2.

Something like this plugged straight into the RCA inputs of a car audio amplifier should do what you want. I have this exact model running to an AUX input on the radio in my red '97. It automatically connects to my phone whenever I start the truck. Connection is very simple, you just need a power source and a ground.

Instead of going to the radio like the instructions say, go to the input of an amp? Never thought of that.
I have similar devices in a Chevelle and planned to add them to a couple 400's but they all have radios. Those feed into the antenna jack.
I haven't had an amp since the 80's, this looks like it will work.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
^ X2.

I've got that same adapter in my 300 (interfaced to the factory radio with an iSimple adapter), and in both the SS's, hacked into the XM input.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
nstead of going to the radio like the instructions say, go to the input of an amp? Never thought of that.

Yup. You'll have to set the gain on the amp at an appropriate level but after that's set up you can control the volume from your phone.

96CK

Reaction score
Take a gander at Marine Bluetooth Controllers This JL one is pretty decent.
Run that to a small 150w amp (or however big you want) and you have a pretty decent setup.
If you're willing to mount something, they come in pretty small packages and will control power, volume, play/pause, skip etc.