smooth front bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
not trying to jack the thread. but Painting chrome is simple.. i painted my rear bumper (which was mirror chrome) black and my wheels black as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

no issues at all. i used dupli-color automotive paint from o'reilly and used my air compressor and paint gun and primed everything and painted it. no issues so far and it looks like it did the day i painted it. has no issues sticking, all i did was rough up the rear bumper a little bit with sand paper, primed and painted it, the wheels i didnt sand at all, i just removed the clear coat and washed it with paint thinner and let it dry then painted it. its all about the prep and paint.

If i were you, id smooth out my bumper myself. remove all the trim, fill in the holes with JB weld, sand smooth, prime, and paint. its that easy, and you will get amazing results. PM me for more input if you need help painting chrome.

try doing your front bumper doesnt work the same my back bumper is just painted over and stood up fine over the last 2 years my front however is a different story because bugs tar, rocks ect.. gets stuck to it and you have to pressure wash or scrub it off tends to chip it away. i had to do it twice before i stripped it completly to the bare metal prime and paint it was a PITA

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
try doing your front bumper doesnt work the same my back bumper is just painted over and stood up fine over the last 2 years my front however is a different story because bugs tar, rocks ect.. gets stuck to it and you have to pressure wash or scrub it off tends to chip it away. i had to do it twice before i stripped it completly to the bare metal prime and paint it was a PITA

thats true. The majority of the stuff i paint on my front end usually get baked in the oven or toaster before i put it back on.