smog problems! any input would be great

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Now the only problem is finding a "California legal" cat. Almost everything I find is 59 state approved and not legal for sale In cali.

Were the same here in NY. Our Emission program is California Emissions, Not Federal like the other states. We install Cats all the time and they last about 6 months to a year. We actually got tired of having to warranty them all the time so we now just install the ones from the dealers.

Now you didn't hear this from me, but they do make O2 simulators that can trick the monitors for short periods of time.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the USA get bigger when I wasn't looking? Lol

Check for universal ones on places like summit racing. They have California legal ones.

-Jesse '96 C1500 5.7L 2WD
Yea I guess it did get bigger according to me. Haha typing on the phone keyboard is harder than I thought. But I stand corrected. There are indeed only 50 states. I made up Tue other 9

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were the same here in NY. Our Emission program is California Emissions, Not Federal like the other states. We install Cats all the time and they last about 6 months to a year. We actually got tired of having to warranty them all the time so we now just install the ones from the dealers.

Now you didn't hear this from me, but they do make O2 simulators that can trick the monitors for short periods of time.

I am assuming the dealer ones can be a little pricie to. The o2 simulators would they get me to pass smog so I can at least register the suburban?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I am assuming the dealer ones can be a little pricie to. The o2 simulators would they get me to pass smog so I can at least register the suburban?

I have used them before to get a few guys without convertors to pass NY Inspection, But the light usually comes back on in a week or two. Plus you have to know the Inspector to keep a blind eye for them.

Yes, Dealer ones are quite expensive.