Riggs - My 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 CCLB work truck and family play machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just googled that part number; it's a radio amplifier for the rear door speakers. An option with the better stereos, mine has it according to the VIN number options list. GM says it's discontinued (ya think?on a 20+ year old truck?!). Hope that helps....
Awesome thanks... Means i dont need to worry about it!

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here it is sitting out on the street, kinda good to go. Working on prioritizing next steps, I think injectors should be my priority.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drove over the scale today, for fun. 6800lbs with me and my two boys (6 and 12 so they don't weigh much). Puts it right in line with my suburban, funny I thought it would be heavier..

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well here it is sitting out on the street, kinda good to go. Working on prioritizing next steps, I think injectors should be my priority.

Drove over the scale today, for fun. 6800lbs with me and my two boys (6 and 12 so they don't weigh much). Puts it right in line with my suburban, funny I thought it would be heavier..
That's interesting, I would have thought it was heavier too. In Texas our plates are charged based on vehicle weight. My Burb comes in at 5400# IIRC. Since Rawhide is a 5.7, he should be a little lighter than your truck. You've got PY0s though and that's probably good for 100# reduction over steel wheels.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Your Suburban is a 2500, right? 4x4?

I "estimated" my CCLB K3500/5.7 SRW weighed around 6,500-ish based on trips to the landfill where they weigh you going in loaded, but they don't weigh you coming out.

I also have a GMT suburban 2500 2wd and I "thought" that one weighed around 6,000 lbs. Maybe it's heavier? I've never weighed it.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your Suburban is a 2500, right? 4x4?

I "estimated" my CCLB K3500/5.7 SRW weighed around 6,500-ish based on trips to the landfill where they weigh you going in loaded, but they don't weigh you coming out.

I also have a GMT suburban 2500 2wd and I "thought" that one weighed around 6,000 lbs. Maybe it's heavier? I've never weighed it.
I have scaled our GMT800 Burb, 2500 4x4 with the 6.0 and with the fam (wife and 4 little ones) and if I recall correctly it scaled at 6950 with everyone.

Our old GMT 400 burb 2500 with the 6.5 diesel and less weight because my children were younger and I think there were only 2 of them at the time, again not that matters much, but it was heaviest of all at 7150. That rig was a tank!

I should add the old burb had stock steelies when I scaled it and the '07 we on PY0s as well.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cruisn USA arcade game trophy girl, old N64 game from the mid 90s. Definitely since cheesy old CGI! If you beat the game in the arcade, the end was you in a hot tub with Bill Clinton on the roof of the White House

Just thought this was funny so figured I'd share. When you first uploaded that avatar, the forum software flagged it for moderator approval. I saw it in the queue and immediately thought "Cruisin' USA, awesome!" Clicked it right on through. Haven't played that game in ages.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a little mini win yesterday. I don't like towing at all without transmission temp. I had fiddled extensively with OBD Fusion on iOS trying to get it to work, but just could not.
Thanks to a pointer on the forum, for $20, the app Dash Command, plus GM PID pack for my year truck, works perfect. $20 for a working trans temp definitely worth it and saves me a ton of hassle for now. I'll eventually install a physical gauge but now I don't have to rush it and get something cheap I'll replace later.
Might spring for tow mirrors pretty quick, have them on my '07 burb and in my opinion for any tow work they are irreplaceable.

Eyeballing this set... I bought cheapo ebay ones of my 'burb and had them for about 5 years, they aren't the best but they've gotten the job done:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
But I'm definitely open to suggestions. I would like heat and the blinkers.

Also need to fix the driver door, the stop is broken off and the spring is MIA. Then need to see if I can bring around some of the door lock actuators, half of them only unlock about half way with the power locks.

That's it for now!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
The towing mirrors from 1A auto get really good reviews.

I'm not surprised the 'burb is comparable in weight, more glass and roofline. Plus a 44gal tank in the GMT400s 'burbs.

Looks like you've got a good start. One piece of advice, don't cheap out on the injectors, it'll bite you in the arse later. That's one of those jobs you don't want to do twice.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like you've got a good start. One piece of advice, don't cheap out on the injectors, it'll bite you in the arse later. That's one of those jobs you don't want to do twice.
Yeah I keep hearing that. I'll save up for the 5-0 stuff.
Same with wheel spacers, like many the rears just drive me nuts being so inboarded. Saving up there too for some BORA's.

Looks like the Trail Ridge mirrors are the go to here, also not cheap...

Do it right or do it twice I guess... I've done lots of things twice in my life and it IS getting old...