Replacing a non airbag wheel with an airbag version - cap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just shoot me....
This didn't happen today, but since this weekend the temps have officially gone into triple digits, I'm posting it. This emblem started melting last year, and just gets a little bit worse when it's hot like this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Funny thing is, this is the passenger side, and the driver's side doesn't have the emblem. We suspect the truck had been in a wreck or two before we got it in early 2013. Bought it from an indie used car lot that probably got it from an auction house. He had no prior history on it in any case. But the door sticker with tire information is not there either, so it was probably hit on that side just enough for a repaint.
And yes we did a carfax search on it. They only report what they're told by an affiliated shop.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Holy ****! I'm thinking that's a replacement emblem, but I could be wrong. Some of the Chinese replacement emblems on Amazon don't last long and not up to par with the OEM emblems.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Holy ****! I'm thinking that's a replacement emblem, but I could be wrong. Some of the Chinese replacement emblems on Amazon don't last long and not up to par with the OEM emblems.
Could be! It was on the Burb when we bought it in February 2013, and I didn't notice right away that there wasn't one on the other side. Maybe it was there then and fell off sometime? Where we lived for several years, the truck was in a carport and the morning sun hit that side (we always backed in for ease of leaving in the morning). One day I noticed it was starting to get melty and over a couple years it's gotten to this point. Eventually I will probably scrape it off, but for now it looks kinda cool....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Did somebody use hot-melt glue on it?
Don't think so. It was on the truck when we got it in 2013, and the other side doesn't have one. It had the clear jelly stuff on it like these emblems do, with the printed foil backing. It was fine for several years and then summer before last, it started to do this. It's gotten progressively worse since then.
Last 3 places we've lived, the truck sleeps outside. The only times it's ever been inside is when it's in the shop or when I rebuilt the front brakes 2 years ago. That took a few weeks (was working on the truck on my days off)so I had it locked up in the shed.