Replacing a non airbag wheel with an airbag version - cap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you again, for going out of your way to help - again :)

You're welcome! It's no trouble. Good luck on the search, if I run across anything I'll let you know.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find it a little disingenuous of Grant to show the wheel with the airbag/cap installed....

And yeah, that is a little shady IMO. At the very least they should put up multiple pictures like the Summit listing.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do have a spare large airbag that should work for that wheel. I saved it from when I went to the smaller airbag setup to run audio controls. I don’t mind shipping one to canada either. Send me a line if you want to move forward.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I found it on Summit too for anyone else who may be looking, it's Grant part number 61031.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/grt-61031

@Z71Hobbs @Cokeman95 @thz71 Tagging these guys so they see this thread, one of them might know where to find a used airbag.

I started a thread in the Interior forum about a new wheel or a leather cover for my existing one. I was looking at the Grant wheel on Summit. According to the comment section the Grant wheels are allegedly "refurbished", but nothing is mentioned in the description.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I started a thread in the Interior forum about a new wheel or a leather cover for my existing one. I was looking at the Grant wheel on Summit. According to the comment section the Grant wheels are allegedly "refurbished", but nothing is mentioned in the description.

Doesn't surprise me that they're re-using the original bodies, it would probably be hard to reproduce the airbag mount otherwise. Whatever they're doing it's more than just a re-skin though, if you look closely they have some contours on the sides that the factory wheels don't have. Looks comfy...

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me that they're re-using the original bodies, it would probably be hard to reproduce the airbag mount otherwise. Whatever they're doing it's more than just a re-skin though, if you look closely they have some contours on the sides that the factory wheels don't have. Looks comfy...

The Grant wheel is "only" about $50-$60 more than the quality leather cover I'm looking at (supposed to be quality leather cover anyway), and I'm still debating between the two.......

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Grant wheel is "only" about $50-$60 more than the quality leather cover I'm looking at (supposed to be quality leather cover anyway), and I'm still debating between the two.......

I already have another good OEM wheel and I'm still thinking about buying one of those Grants. :lol: They look nice to me, especially considering the price. I think I paid more than that for my used OEM wheel.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do have a spare large airbag that should work for that wheel. I saved it from when I went to the smaller airbag setup to run audio controls. I don’t mind shipping one to canada either. Send me a line if you want to move forward.

PM sent ! Best news I have had in quite some time. Thank you, thank you, thank you....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf