Regearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That depends completely on what you currently have for gears and what size tire you'll be going with.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that. You still can't say if you'll need gears if we don't know what gears you already have. You can look at the RPO codes in your glove box to find out. Unless they've been switched. You can always pull your diff cover and take a look.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
He will have at best 3.73 gears, 4.11 or 4.56 is reccomended for 35's but the diference isnt worth it for 4.11, 4.56 gears are the way to go

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your gears are in your axle differential theres a pinion gear and a ring gear, the ring gear is bolted to the carrier on a axis 90 degrees from your pinion gear and your pinion gear is bolted to a yoke that has a universal joint on the outside of the axle connected to the driveshaft. the driveshaft comes out of the transmission hits a universal joint to go downward, hits another universal joint at the axle differential at the rear and is connected to the pinion gear through the yoke

most of the time when people talk of regearing for larger tires it is the ring and pinion in your rear or front axle differential. if you have 2wd you only have one differential

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
go outside and throw a log or brick behind two of your tires and hit the parkign brake then crawl under there and stare at stuff for a while

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
I do that all the time lol, and I have a general idea of things but I like to be sure.

So when you regear it's for better performance with larger (or smaller?) tires than stock?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It all depends on what your wants/needs are. You could gear for some wicked fast acceleration but you could be spinning 6 grand at 30mph. So it's a give and take deal. Different gears effect a lot of different things. Such as engine rpm, acceleration, mpg, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez