RHD Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will thank you. In other news, I think Mile Marker used to sell a "nudge bar" for our trucks, it was approx the width of the grill, any suggestions as to where I could find one new or used? I can't. search well because I am not sure what it is!
Here in the UK 'bull bar' would be the term. In USA speak, 'brush guard'?

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We use the term "bull bar" as well for a solid front bumper in case of hitting stray stock on the road. A "brush guard" is a lightweight version for when pushing through scrub and keeping it out of the radiator.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi All,
There was a discussion regarding RHD 'Burbs and I thought I would post this just so those interested can see the interior, particularly the dash. Also take note of the tail lights, I've been searching for a set for 10 years!
Engine layout looks a little odd to me, but that might just be a cover that is missing.
I have no affiliation to the car or the seller, just posing out of interest.

Maybe just me, but seems odd that the console wasn’t reconfigured for RHD-still hinged to open for LHD driver.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe just me, but seems odd that the console wasn’t reconfigured for RHD-still hinged to open for LHD driver.
The rearmost seat access is also still configured for LHD. The photo of the console though shows something that I found rattling about in mine that has its own designated position. Is it a coin holder?

You must be registered for see images attach

8Bucksagallon

Reaction score
They are coin holders and they were configured for USA coins, I don't know about AUS, but in the UK, not much good. Interestingly the LHD-RHD conversion has been done a couple ways, this one is "Factory". The other one is a mirrored dash, and they changed everything over including the shifter to the correct side. Its been an age so I cannot remember the rear seats but suspect that wasn't touched.

PM18S4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing looks like a unholy hodge-podge of parts and a complete nightmare for finding replacements.

I don't even know what I am looking at for dash buttons here:

The "Rear Wiper" switch looks like a parts store rocker switch R&R and the center right is non-stock, but the others look like OEM, but nothing like I've seen on a GMT400 before.

Also, as @1998_K1500_Sub pointed out, it has the ARTEB tail-lights with the amber turn signals.
This is of interest to me as it also looks like it was rigged up for a 7 pin trailer connection.

As it appears to have the standard multifunction switch stalk, I cannot for the life of me figure out how it isolates the rear turns and stop lamps on the taillights, and have a functioning 7 pin trailer harness (which combines turn and stop signals), without some sort of changeover relay logic.

The VIN, 3GMGK26F0XG950067, is nicely shown in one of the photos, which does pull up a RHD suburban in acdelcoTDS.
Unfortunately, the wiring diagrams for it are not present like on the LHD service manuals.