Rear axle seal job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
how many seconds of starting fluid would you think is enough? Iv never really had the balls to try. lol.

I have some atv tires coming that I want to put on my lawnmower. Iv seated beads with 2 big handle ratchet straps and 100 psi of air. I doubt this method would work on a passanger tire though.

Iv seen beads put on with starting fluid so many times but the most impressive was a giant tractor tire. I was wondering how n the funk this mobile tractor tire guy was guna set that bead.... it didn't take him long. then I saw the bill.... holy **** big tires are big money.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Yup we have a cage at our shop lol. And yeah those splitting rims I heard were a eye opener. Fortunately I'm one of those "young bucks" who never even touched it lol. I just ask a lot of questions at work and like to know how stuff was done...:)

You must be registered for see images attach

That style of wheel is called a Dayton wheel. The proper way to remove one is to loosen all of the wheel nuts and leave them on the studs and then smack the rim until ALL of the wedge locks pop loose. If this procedure is not followed serious injury is very possible.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That style of wheel is called a Dayton wheel. The proper way to remove one is to loosen all of the wheel nuts and leave them on the studs and then smack the rim until ALL of the wedge locks pop loose. If this procedure is not followed serious injury is very possible.

That sure is a crazy way to change wheels. Glad our wheels are no longer like that lol. Although now days our semis are coming with aluminum hubs