Axle yoke and seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the yoke off my 1998 10 bolt last night and was a little confused. I re-did the front diff already and it didnt look like this, not to say they should be the same, but in the part diagram this doesnt look like it should be there. I thought the metal cup thing is the deflector, but not sure what this rubber part is around the inside. I thought the seal ripped apart and some stayed on the axle and other half in the yoke
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

37 yoke
38 deflector
39 seal

Or is that just what its supposed to look like, it doesnt seem like it wants to come off easily either

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
found my answer on facebook, apparently its another dust sleeve. found a replacement for the 8.6 yoke, anyone know of that would fit on the 8.5 yoke

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That yoke and seal has an updated version. Dorman makes it. For the 10 bolt the PN is 697-500. That gets you a new yoke, Seal, and the nut and washer. It you just want the updated seal it's National 710506

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That yoke and seal has an updated version. Dorman makes it. For the 10 bolt the PN is 697-500. That gets you a new yoke, Seal, and the nut and washer. It you just want the updated seal it's National 710506
cant get a yoke powder coated with rubber parts attached, need to remove it the old dust seal from the yoke and reinstall a new one