Ramp with jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been looking around for other ways of lifting and supporting my trucks. I've ran across ramps that alos have jacks incorpurated into them. Have any of you used them? If so what are you likes and dislikes. If you don't have them or never will have them why don't you like them. Here is a example of what I'm talking about.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been looking around for other ways of lifting and supporting my trucks. I've ran across ramps that alos have jacks incorpurated into them. Have any of you used them? If so what are you likes and dislikes. If you don't have them or never will have them why don't you like them. Here is a example of what I'm talking about.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Links not working. Sounds interesting though.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something like this one? I’ve seen them. They look sketch to me.
You must be registered for see images attach
Sketchy is putting it nicely!!!
No way in hell I'd get under a 5000# truck up on those!!!!
Good idea, really bad execution.
Would need a whole lot more steel put into those to make me comfortable working with them.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, nada. Jack it up, place a six ton jack stand in place.
Look at this way, my life and family are worth a lot more than cheap, crap designs.
Those ramps,vall I can see is those wheel lifts folding left or right. No support preventing folding.
Remember, hydraulic jack under that metal beast, allllll that weight is supported by a $2.00 O ring. Don't be statistac. Don't die dumb.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4 post lift is what I use. I will get a 2 post eventually for certain tasks but you can’t beat the safety of a 4 post. With a 12’ ceiling I can only get my lifted trucks up 5‘ but that’s about 1000% better than laying on my back. Plus the frame is at 6’ when the truck is up there. With my muscle car I still normally leave it at 5’ height so I can reach stuff under the car.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would love a 4 post with sliding jacks under it. I like them better than a two post lift.
I store my car up there all winter and with little children safety is #1! It’s a 10,000 pound rated version so my 8000 pound truck is safe.

The upgrade to the sliding jacks was a little much after building our dream home so I just bought the sliding lifting plate the Jack would bolt to and I use bottle jacks off of it. Or if needed a 6x6 timber to Jack off of if I need both ends up. Then I use large thick wood blocking to safe it out once at heights. It’s the safest way, even better than overbuilt jackstands. An old feller taught me to wrench and that was #1! Jack it up then assemble wood nice and stable for a safety.

Attachments

• IMG_3862.jpeg
    IMG_3862.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3902.jpeg
    IMG_3902.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3884.jpeg
    IMG_3884.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for about the link but the pic posted is what i was asking about. You all have came to the same conclusions that I have. Just was asking to make sure I still have some of my sanity left. I'd love to have a 4pt hoist but if I had one it would have to live outside as my garage isn't tall enough to accommodate a life.