Questions about Wiring in a compass / temp mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a digital compass/temp gage in a 1986 chrysler new yorker that I wired into my truck decades ago. Yes. Probably 20 years ago. The digital is starting to go haywire in the heat.

I was thinking of just making a blanking plate to cover up the old digital display in the console and leave the console intact since I like its looks.

What I want to do is use the existing wiring that's already there to wire in a compass/temperature mirror out of a newer suburban. I have 2 wires that run in the truck to behind the grille for the new yorker temp probe. I want to splice into those for a GM temp probe for the mirror. What other wires do I need to wire in, and which colors are which to make it work. I am assuming 2 for the probe, an ign switched hot, and a chassis ground. All of which are in the truck wired to the 33 year old and failing display. Also is there a compass swing procedure that needs to be done to calibrate for magnetic north.

Thanks
Matt

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this diagram for a 98, maybe it will help. It looks like it includes a connection to auto-dim side mirrors, but not all models had those.

You must be registered for see images attach

Connector C271:

Connector C102:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have a 4 wire mirror without temp sensor. It has the two map lights on it. Anyone know how to wire it?
Find the pinout for your mirror and wire it accordingly. There's not much to go on with what you said.