Propane Torch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes it turns into buying the hose in the length you need with or without regulator depending on needs, and then buying the respective end fittings you need. Namely the adapter that converts the end to the 1lb cylinder size. The male fitting that gozinta "appliance"

Last edited:

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should buy a bottle of MAP gas will be in a yellow bottle. Much hotter fire from MAP and not too much more than the pirate prices you paid for small propane bottle. I’ve used MAP gas for stuff and it works way better. Luckily now I keep a set of burgler oxy/acytelene torch setup and they are worth every penny.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should buy a bottle of MAP gas will be in a yellow bottle. Much hotter fire from MAP and not too much more than the pirate prices you paid for small propane bottle. I’ve used MAP gas for stuff and it works way better. Luckily now I keep a set of burgler oxy/acytelene torch setup and they are worth every penny.
MAPP gas is no longer made. It's now MAP/PRO and not as hot as MAPP used to be, plus there's less in the bottle!

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAPP gas doesn't exist anymore. The yellow bottles are propane propylene blends which don't burn as hot, but hotter than straight propane.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding torches, I've got access to an Oxy/Acetylene torch but I've got other, smaller ones like these that I like a lot.

They throw more heat than most of the common Bernz-o-Matic type torches and are relatively easy to maneuver because the tank's not attached.

Bernz-O-Matic Hose Torch JTH7​

Here's one on eBay for a good price:

I've got one of these too, which is similar and has the squeeze trigger ignitor & gas on/off combined in one trigger, which is lockable in the "on" state.

Bernzomatic BZ8250HT Trigger-Start Hose Torch​

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like this?

Or this.
That was pretty close to what I need. I decided to go with the one below from etrailer, which apparently is the same design hose @618 Syndicate showed in his post earlier.

It has a slightly different inlet fitting. I believe the one you pictured is a POL fitting. On this one, it is a Type 1 fitting. I think this one will do what I need. I can probably just hook up the nozzle I used with the disposable propane bottles, although it is kinda of old, so to play it safe, I may buy a new one.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, just shows that I haven’t been in the heat it and beat it business for quite a while ha ha! Oxy/Acetylene for the win then. Just not a fan of playing with modifying stuff that makes fire lol.

I want one of those induction heaters. 3 seconds and done. Safer, and you don't have to spend 10 minutes looking for the striker every time you need it.