Propane Torch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some tool advice. I would like to connect one side of a hose to a 20 lb. propane tank, and the other side of the hose to a hand-held torch nozzle assembly.

I was using a hand-held propane bottle/torch assembly while working on my driveshaft, and it ran out of gas after doing one U-joint. I still have one more U-joint to go. I could just go buy another bottle, but I would like to be able to create a hose/nozzle assembly that I can easily connect to a 20 lb. propane tank, since I always have a propane tank under the BBQ pit outside.

By doing this, I will avoid buying a $15 bottle of propane from the local auto parts store that may run out before I finish a job. I can finish any job with 20 lb. worth of propane.

Can anyone tell me how I can assemble this? It would look something like this, but I would like an actual hand-held torch (with some rubber/plastic grip) instead of the one pictured which is basically all nozzle. Also, I need USA made if possible, as I am not going to risk my life on Chinese crap.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think camping. You can buy a hose to connect a camp stove to a 20 lb , adapters to refill 1 lb bottles etc. Bernzomatic has a couple different auto-ignition torches at different price points, Walmart sells the little propane bottles for far less than what you're saying.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt this is made in the US, and I got no idea if you can find one that is, but this is what you need.