Power Brake Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the check valve. It's a brand new booster just installed. Brakes were not dragging before I changed the booster when I pressed the pedal.

Does your brake booster hiss inside the engine bay when the truck is running and you press the pedal?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the check valve. It's a brand new booster just installed. Brakes were not dragging before I changed the booster when I pressed the pedal.

Does your brake booster hiss inside the engine bay when the truck is running and you press the pedal?

I'll confirm it when I go outside and start it. I believe it makes a swoosh sound when I press the brakes but no hissing. Even with it idling and hood open no hissing

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, with hood open and truck running. My old one, a SKP I just took out to return, and this cardone are all doing it. I swear it never used to but perhaps it did and I just never noticed?

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for doing that. So I'm not going crazy and it shouldn't be hissing.

I have a lot of air noise under the hood when I press the pedal, but I have nobody to help for me to narrow it down. The vacuum line is good with no leaks. I can only put it down to the booster. But as my old/original one did it, and a SKP I bought, and now the Cardone have now done it I'm just confused.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for doing that. So I'm not going crazy and it shouldn't be hissing.

I have a lot of air noise under the hood when I press the pedal, but I have nobody to help for me to narrow it down. The vacuum line is good with no leaks. I can only put it down to the booster. But as my old/original one did it, and a SKP I bought, and now the Cardone have now done it I'm just confused.

Ok so just wondering how you know it's not the master cylinder messing them up. Those plungers are a pain to line up and have in without falling out or going crooked

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This has just been fitted with 0 miles MC couldn't have damaged it. It all lines up when you bolt it together, it can't be out of line. Can it?