Power Brake Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the booster supposed to be hissing inside the engine bay when I press the pedal?

Just installed a Cardone Reman and the pedal returns to the top really slowly.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the booster supposed to be hissing inside the engine bay when I press the pedal?

Just installed a Cardone Reman and the pedal returns to the top really slowly.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Mine doesn't. Only two fluids connected to the system though: air (vacuum) and brake fluid. Make sure everything is hooked up correctly and then check for vacuum leak and inadequate brake fluid pressure, gotta be one of the two.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Works ok if I gently push the pedal, but if I push it hard the brakes drag for a second or two while driving. It can't be right cause it's dangerous.
Drag as in they stay engaged longer than the pedal is pressed, or drag as in they're slow to respond to hard braking? I'm leaning towards the brake system rather than vacuum as you'd have a hiss regardless of brake application with a vacuum leak.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Isn't there a test with the vehicle off and pressing the brake to test the booster?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's something like pump 3 times and hold it and then start the truck to see if it pushes up or something. It was on the rock auto website whenever I bought my new booster. Never tried it cause I knew I needed a booster since my abs module was slammed against it lol

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's something like pump 3 times and hold it and then start the truck to see if it pushes up or something. It was on the rock auto website whenever I bought my new booster. Never tried it cause I knew I needed a booster since my abs module was slammed against it lol
I see the logic there, worth a shot.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would. Especially if its hissing. Also i would test the fitting connector to the hose. Think it's like a pcv valve with the vacuum.... forgot the name of it....