Power Brake Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try spraying soap and water. I doubt you'll see bubbles but you might see it get sucked in. Also when I did my mc I I tightened them at the same time and made sure it was centered so no way to be off.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol yeah I just did my booster about 2 months ago I think. So when I was reading the info I remember glancing at it

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is how it sounds when I press the pedal with the truck off while the booster still has vacuum
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And this is with no vacuum left pressing/pumping the pedal firmly
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try this.. turn the truck on spray soap and water on the flange and see if it gets sucked it. Or see if bubbles blow, hell see if the truck even hesitates. I feel like something's going on there. Since the camera pics up the sound close to there

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try this.. turn the truck on spray soap and water on the flange and see if it gets sucked it. Or see if bubbles blow, hell see if the truck even hesitates. I feel like something's going on there. Since the camera pics up the sound close to there
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm pretty sure this is a bad booster. I may just put the old one back on tomorrow to make sure the pedal return is not an issue with the brakes and is the booster.

I really wanted to know if the air noise is normal or not. It could be and I just never noticed it. I've really not been sure.

Last edited: