Polishing wheels on cheap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
i found this stuff to try to make the polish last longer and it does! Even car piss don't hurt it, But i still wipe it off as soon as I can. You polish your wheels with it after you have them where they look good, And this stuff takes all the black left on them off but it doesn't leave a slick to the touch finish. Supposed to last maybe 6 weeks normal driving. I did mine a couple months ago but don"t drive it a lot But they look great and really repel water.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Optimum-Al...oz-For-chrome-aluminum-steel-etc/174067494938

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im sure I have a post on here some where about my polish work. I use paint stripper to rove the clear coat, then white jewelers polish on cotton buffs like in the pic above, then some white diamond metal polish by hand as a final step.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
More polish pics.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More polish pics.
God-that's a lot of polishing. Very nice. I put a wax on them today-we'll see if it's gonna repel anything other than water.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
God-that's a lot of polishing. Very nice.
Ots not that hard to do, once you know how. I did mine a little at a time. Its not hard to keep up with ether. I dont was my truck that often, but what I do ofter, it wipe everything down first with a wet terry cloth, then a clean micro fiber towel. Doing small sections at a time. I do the rims as I go around the truck. Once my terry cloth towel is dirty, I rinse it out then wring it out by hand. Then after Im do with paint and rims, I pop the hood and do the engine compartment. I never let my truck get very dirty before I wipe it down, but on the rear occasion when it is to dirty to wipe down, then I will wash it by hand. I will spray down the tires and bed liner with some degreaser, and rinse. Then start wiping it down. I can wipe down the whole truck including the engine and engine bay in about 1 hour. Some times less.