Tire and wheel question/request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harkin

Reaction score
After getting my tire patched twice and immediately going flat within hours, it got me thinking. Maybe my rim is cracked or leaking too.

Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone has run 285/70R17 tires on the steelies from 2014-2019 Tahoe police cars. Mainly concerned about the tires rubbing and how much they stick out past the fenders (if at all). Trying to gain a tiny bit extra ground clearance without messing with the suspension geometry or chewing through wheel bearings.

Thanks guys, if anyone is running these wheels I'd also love to see how they look on these trucks.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting your tires patched?

I go to the used tire store for my patches. Those guys are very thorough at patching and checking tires. They will spot whether it's the tire, valve stem, or rim.

Harkin

Reaction score
Where are you getting your tires patched?

I go to the used tire store for my patches. Those guys are very thorough at patching and checking tires. They will spot whether it's the tire, valve stem, or rim.
I kept taking it back to the used tire shop I got the tire from. It went flat again so I just installed the spare. Going to throw a walmart tire on the spare and put the spare's tire on the normal rim just to see if it holds air with a known decent tire