Looking for wheels & tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean it's not an effective way? This is my first truck so it's an honest question.
if it rubs on the inner fenders, it's wearing tires, potentially dangerous, and annoying AF. These trucks have about a 2" rake from the factory, so a 6/8 drop will make it sit level. If rake is what you want go back to a 6" drop in the front and raise the rear up to the desired level.
I have no problem installing different tubs but if there's some other reason behind it let me know. I've basically resurrected this truck from the dead so sheet metal and body work isn't an issue.
Tubbing a static truck just to get the look you are going for is a lot of unnecessary work. Easier, cheaper, and quicker to do what I suggested above. I tubbed the one i have now because I wanted it to lay out but still wanted the protection of inner fenders when driving in the rain etc.
I'm not saying you can't tub it, I asking why you'd want to.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would personally run a 225-70-16, its 28.5 tall verses your current tire that’s 29.3 tall

I run a 27.5in tall tire on my suburban and its around a 6in drop in the front, no rubbing at all.

Other options
Slosh tubs makes bolt in inner fenders
Cut the tops off of you factory inner fenders
Or completely remove, not ideal but I ran several truck that way.

david71

Reaction score
I would personally run a 225-70-16, its 28.5 tall verses your current tire that’s 29.3 tall

I run a 27.5in tall tire on my suburban and its around a 6in drop in the front, no rubbing at all.

Other options
Yeah, I thought about sticking with the 16s but I really need to get the scrub line up. If I have a blowout on the front the lower control arm is going in the pavement. That's really the biggest reason for the larger wheels. And yeah, the slosh tubs have a mild tub that raises it 2-3 inches which is perfect for me. Get's it up just enough without overkill.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Other options
Slosh tubz are fiberglass and probably wont last a blowout. We know what happens to the dually flares when a tire lets go....other than that, (and the cost!) they're awesome.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can those be found in a Load E? Considering it's a dually and requires them for load capacity.

Unless O.P. never tows anything, the DOT would have a field day writing tickets for a truck over 10k running under sized, under capacity tires...
Unless you're using it for commerce DOT will leave you alone. If you get that odd jackass cop, well, they're gonna find something to write you up for regardless.