Looking for wheels & tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

david71

Reaction score
Hey,
I've contacted three different businesses in the past couple weeks and everyone says they'll get me a quote, then nothing. Anyone have recommendations on someone selling wheels & tires for a 1993 C3500 with a 6/8 drop? I'm currently running stock size 16" wheels with 225/75R16 and rubbing pretty good on the inner fenders so going to put some larger tubs in the front. Gonna paint this July 4th weekend and would really like to have it on the road with some nice wheels by then. I'm not really picky about the design although I'm not a fan of chrome, prefer polished or even black. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Picture just for reference. Thanks in advance!
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ve never dealt with these guys but they show to have everything in stock to be shipped Thursday.

I just googled custom wheels and they popped up. Pretty easy to use website.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ve never dealt with these guys but they show to have everything in stock to be shipped Thursday.

I just googled custom wheels and they popped up. Pretty easy to use website.
And they have a media gallery where you can see other user’s rides with similar setups. It is a bit lacking for lowered trucks I’ve noticed.

david71

Reaction score
Thanks, I sent them an email for a quote because there's no way those wheels fit my truck. My guess is they're for SRW not DRW. We'll see that they have. Thanks again!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I sent them an email for a quote because there's no way those wheels fit my truck. My guess is they're for SRW not DRW. We'll see that they have. Thanks again!
Those 100% fit your truck. It's literally in the name of the wheel. There are a ton of options for your dually, depends on what size wheels you want and what size budget you have.
if you are rubbing the fronts on stock wheels and tires there's a problem. There's no need to tub a 6/8 static dually on stocks. I've had 3.

david71

Reaction score
if you are rubbing the fronts on stock wheels and tires there's a problem. There's no need to tub a 6/8 static dually on stocks. I've had 3.

I guess i should restate I started with a 6/8 kit from belltech. I took another almost 2" from the front springs to get more rake. There's about 1" between the tire and tub.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess i should restate I started with a 6/8 kit from belltech. I took another almost 2" from the front springs to get more rake. There's about 1" between the tire and tub.
As you've discovered, that's not an effective way to get rake. Get new springs and add some shackles to raise the rear so it's a 6/6. Tubbing the front requires moving a lot of stuff, including the PCM and battery.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As you've discovered, that's not an effective way to get rake. Get new springs and add some shackles to raise the rear so it's a 6/6. Tubbing the front requires moving a lot of stuff, including the PCM and battery.
He's a '93 so there's a lot less stuff to move (PCM is behind the dash, there's no 4WAL unit, etc.), but the point does stand overall.

Richard

david71

Reaction score

What do you mean it's not an effective way? This is my first truck so it's an honest question. I have no problem installing different tubs but if there's some other reason behind it let me know. I've basically resurrected this truck from the dead so sheet metal and body work isn't an issue.