What rim offset to make it look «normal»?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a couple forum posts that talk about the diesel 1500 burbs being odd balls.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used Stahl 2 inch spacers on both my 95 K2500 burb and my 95 K2500 truck. I used the steel versions and problem solved. Looks great and work great.

Reaction score
Is this a K2500 suburban?? 8 lugs?

Stock wheels already have a 5.5" backspace.

The track width difference was intentional. It works very well, but looks fugly.

@95burban has given you the normal answer for those that like to match up the two, myself included. Consider the 2" spacer so you don't have a lug stud interference issue.
I put 1-1/4" spacers on my 98 Tahoe to even out the appearance. 1" would have been perfect but the lugs are almost 1-1/4 " long and it would have required cutting the lugs off, I didn't want to do that. Worked fine 20x9" Ultra with the most back spacing available so they don't stick out. Also lower rear edge of the front wheel wells is your close spot on clearance and more offset makes that worse. I put 275x55x20 tires on it and in some wheel positions and angles it just kisses it but doesn't hurt anything. BTW mine is lowered about 3' rear and 1-1/2" or 2" up front! No sniveling about lowering a 4x4! LOL

Attachments

• Lowered Tahoe.jpg
    Lowered Tahoe.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 10

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put 1-1/4" spacers on my 98 Tahoe to even out the appearance. 1" would have been perfect but the lugs are almost 1-1/4 " long and it would have required cutting the lugs off, I didn't want to do that. Worked fine 20x9" Ultra with the most back spacing available so they don't stick out. Also lower rear edge of the front wheel wells is your close spot on clearance and more offset makes that worse. I put 275x55x20 tires on it and in some wheel positions and angles it just kisses it but doesn't hurt anything. BTW mine is lowered about 3' rear and 1-1/2" or 2" up front! No sniveling about lowering a 4x4! LOL
Nicely done! More pics please. No sniveling here... I'm lowering a 4x4 dually.