Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just Valvoline Dex/Merc is plenty good enough. Can get it at Walmart nice and cheap by the gallon. For the front diff, I'd replace pinion seal and output seals. Do the 3 dots to get your preload just right.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes that's the rear, same method applies to the front. A dot on the pinion shaft, the nut, and the yoke. It's impossible to be one thread off this way so no use in even counting them.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Any "while you're in there" pieces I should address while got the oil pan off? Oil pickup or seals etc.

Don't usually fix stuff that ain't broke but also know the access sucks to the oil pan with the front end together so thought it was a good idea to do it when I'm doing the lift and have everything out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not unless you want to shove some bearings in there. They don't have the oil pickup o ring issues that the LS motors have. Probably because there are none.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Well PSG has not had much work going the last couple weeks.

Having to satisfy myself watching everyone else's builds for the time being!

It does have some updates but not anything I really have pics of.

Mounted the tires to get them out of my garage floor.

Think I'm going to do trans service this weekend as time allows and need to build some brackets for the ARB awning on the Lexus.

Did get this box of paint supplies to shoot the wheels body color. Also got 4oz of single stage in the same color for touch ups.

Going to go pick up some Chassis Saver and 4800 series single stage black for the frame and undercoating treatment when I do suspension. Think that is all slated for the weekend of the 10th if we're still here during this national pandemic.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Hmm... What are those off of?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Topkick and Kodiak models. Started with just a pair to see how big of a pain they are to install and to see if I liked them. I will order a set for the rear here shortly.

FAR superior handle. These should have come this way from the factory.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Topkick and Kodiak models. Started with just a pair to see how big of a pain they are to install and to see if I liked them. I will order a set for the rear here shortly.

FAR superior handle. These should have come this way from the factory.
Nice. Do they drop right in?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk