Passenger Air Bag Switch Converted to Kill Switch? Possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after just probing with my multi meter really quickly, it could be possible. I have found between the blue circled pin and the yellow circled pin those are switched on/off from the turn of the key on the air bag switch. So next step will be to buy a new switch a do some bench testing with power to it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 350 Vortec Powered iPhone

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can do a magnetic switch glued to the inside of the dash somewhere and you hold a magnet up to it to close the contact.

I did one for a buddy that in order to start the car the drink holder tray had to be pulled out it was wired if the cup holder was pushed in truck wouldn’t start. You’ll need a NC magnetic switch

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just used one these.
Hook to a relay and good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LMICPRU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hrreDbYRNDS6M

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

Yea I don’t want it that fancy, plus I already have remote start wired in and want to avoid wiring in another box. Plus if something goes wrong with that box I don’t want to be disabled and can’t figure out why.

When with a physical switch you can revert back to a connected wire very easily to determine if the switch took a crap on ya.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can do a magnetic switch glued to the inside of the dash somewhere and you hold a magnet up to it to close the contact.

I did one for a buddy that in order to start the car the drink holder tray had to be pulled out it was wired if the cup holder was pushed in truck wouldn’t start. You’ll need a NC magnetic switch

This has been tossed around in my head but idk and would have to find a good spot for it so I’m not looking at a magnet thing all the time.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I don’t want it that fancy, plus I already have remote start wired in and want to avoid wiring in another box. Plus if something goes wrong with that box I don’t want to be disabled and can’t figure out why.

When with a physical switch you can revert back to a connected wire very easily to determine if the switch took a crap on ya.

I have a toggle switch to energize the relay that's routed to a hidden spot. And even if the relay dies it's a 5 pin so just move the wire from pin 30 to 87A.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a toggle switch to energize the relay that's routed to a hidden spot. And even if the relay dies it's a 5 pin so just move the wire from pin 30 to 87A.

Hmm that's a good idea also, If it needs be over rode its very simple to do.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm that's a good idea also, If it needs be over rode its very simple to do.
Yep. And if all else fails I'll strip some wire and wrap around the terminals of my 100 amp relay to get by....