Parking brake Tahoe 2-door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-tahoe-p

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently got a Tahoe 2-door, 1999, 4x4, drum brake 11 inch, with no parking brake. The cable used to be there but now only leftovers. I need advice on what cable would fit my truck. I got general idea - 3 cables - front, left, and right, some connectors and equalizer. Thanks and Happy Independence day!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought all three cables, the equalizer, and a cable-connector from O'Reillys to fit my '97 K2500 extended-cab short-box. Still have to install the front cable before that project is done. I'll be lucky if the park brake pedal assembly is still usable.

The cables vary with wheelbase and maybe with the rear brake style. Look up the correct stuff for YOUR vehicle on your favorite parts-store's web site, or belly-up to the parts counter and ask a human.

The aftermarket cables from O'Reillys--and probably every other parts store except the Genuine GM stuff--are not exact-fit replacements; but they don't need much for modification to fit and work OK. My RR cable needed some extra rubber wrapped around it at the bracket that secures it to the rear axle, for example.