2 door Tahoe/blazer seatbelt interchangeability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gchavonne

Reaction score
Hello! Long time reader. Just posting recently. I’ve got a 1994 blazer and my seatbelts are shot. Can anyone inform me if 95-99 2 door Tahoe/yukon seatbelts will work in my 94 blazer? Bucket seats with easy access.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hello! Long time reader. Just posting recently. I’ve got a 1994 blazer and my seatbelts are shot. Can anyone inform me if 95-99 2 door Tahoe/yukon seatbelts will work in my 94 blazer? Bucket seats with easy access.
Depends on if the seat belt buckles match up. I know the '95-up front seat belt on Burbs and pickups are the same, but rear seats are different. Not sure if this is also true of the early models.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One way is go to " GMpartsGiant .com " look up same configuration for each year. Are the parts numbers the same? Or if it lists " also fits the following" .
And there is a place called " Seatbelts Unlimited". You send in your complete removed seatbelts and they will install new webbing in your original factory color or your chosen other color.
If your seatbelts are crapped out, get them replaced. God forbid your unlucky enough to be in a crash. That seatbelt is the first thing to save your life.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When comparing to those other belts, the shape of the buckle is very obvious. There's a large square style end, and a narrow rectangular style. The difference is between the two suppliers for those belts - Bendix and TRW. If the buckle end doesn't match, obviously you'll need to get the receivers from the same truck.

Edit.. I knew I had a pic hanging around somewhere showing the two styles:
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm pretty sure the 2 door SUV's use the same front belt retractor assembly that an extended cab truck does; it's kind of a unique shape to fit into the pillar plastic.

Does this look like your belt retractor shape?
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard