Converting 1995-1999 2 door Tahoe 4x4 to 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
you can do it we did it with frank'n truck we took a 92 K-2500 suburban cut the frame just after the t-bars and took a 94 8 lug C-2500 cut the front part of the frame out and grafted on the front part of the suburban frame welded and bolted

Karolko

Reaction score
I want to stay with GM stuff, and I’m of the opinion that mustang 2 front clips are the default option for everyone who doesn’t k ow what they are doing. I’ve seen soo many vehicles with those mustang II front clips and the engine bay looks like a pile of horse turds.

If I wanted to narrow the track, I would simply cut the center cross member and bring everything in. The only other obsticale would be the track bar, but my guy tells me that I could reach into the GM parts bin and find another car or truck or s10 tack bar that would work. Or if they are forged, just cut and weld and sleeve if need be.

I will start a thread once I do start, but I need to finish my current project first: 59 gmc 2 ton on a duramax chassis. 4x4 slammed.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the fab skills it would be possible to just keep the 4wd and slam it. Mines 5/8, not awd yet but the front diff is in and I still have plenty of ground clearance at ride height as well as decent cv axle angles. My front diff is mounted up a bit higher than a k1500 relative to the frame but that’s something you could do. Add a body drop on top of that and you could really be draggin *** static and 4wd.