Headers for 1997 2-door Tahoe 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had a long chat with the exhaust builder at Stainless Works. I asked for long-tube headers for my 1997 2-door tahoe 4x4. They have a kit with headers, CT8898HCATY https://www.summitracing.com/parts/stw-ct8898hcaty which I asked about. He said this kit only works on pickup trucks and definitely not on the Tahoe and I would need a full custom exhaust at $4,200, and to trailer my Tahoe to Ohio. As I understand it there are some frame differences. Can anyone enlighten me on the differences in the (front) frame of a 2-door Tahoe 4x4 and a Silverado? I know the rear part of the frame is very different as the 2-door has the fuel tank in the back, not on the side behind the driver. I pulled some pics from internet but I just can't see what's different.

2-Door Tahoe 4x4 Frame (Not mine, from internet!)
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not an expert, but pretty sure these vehicles, Blazer/Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, and truck, are the same from the cab forward. Obviously gonna need a custom exhaust, and being a 2-door, can run true duals out the back. I'd ask him what the difference is...

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pickup, Suburban, 2 door Blazer/Tahoe/Yukon are the same from the torsion bars forward. The medium wheel base 4 door Tahoe/Yukon (meaning 117.5") SUVs used a shorter torsion bar and a different torsion bar x-member.
Obviously wheelbase differences will change intermediate pipes, the 2 door and Suburban rear fuel tanks, the short bed vs long bed will change the tail pipes

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the headers modified with proper LT1 flanges. Here's what they look like.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's what they look like installed in the truck. Don't mind the wiring mess.....