Overhead console door opener bricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in need of the two lego looking bricks that go into the garage door opener pocket of the factory overhead console in these trucks. I thought I had read somewhere that actual Lego bricks would work but I just tried that and it was a no-go lol! Thanks!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet you have to glue one to the center. Wish I could help but I swapped mine for one with homelink. I think once the 1st Lego attached then you can add 1 or 2 more to push the remote.

How old/new is the garage remote?

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet you have to glue one to the center. Wish I could help but I swapped mine for one with homelink. I think once the 1st Lego attached then you can add 1 or 2 more to push the remote.

How old/new is the garage remote?

I don't actually have a remote at the moment. I'm going to be installing the overhead console this spring when I redo my headliner and I just noticed I didn't get the bricks with it so I figured I'd see if I could come up with some. I see there's two storage spots so I assumed it came with 2, should there have been a 3rd one already on the button also? As of now I don't have any.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please forgive the hijack, but have you pulled the headliner yet? I just picked up a parts truck with the overhead and wondering if you have to do anything extra to mount it to your truck
I figure nothing but wiring.
Thanks
Jim

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Please forgive the hijack, but have you pulled the headliner yet? I just picked up a parts truck with the overhead and wondering if you have to do anything extra to mount it to your truck
Thanks
Jim
You will need the clip for the roof at the front of the console, as the console screws in up front and the trucks do NOT have that clip already up there (however the holes for the clip are there).

Forget the bricks, get yourself a Homelink.
That's what I ended up with in both my trucks :rofl:

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks
Jim

Since I have a regular cab it doesn't have any of the mounting points factory. I ended up cutting the rear mounting ears off the console and then finding self tapping screws that were just long enough to go through the factory console front hole and then two screws in the rear through the back most rear cubby hole. Then with AK49BWL's help I pulled power from the rear domelight. At his suggestion I added some diodes and an extra ground wire between each map light and the power switch for them because I wanted them to come on when I open the doors as well as being able to control them individually by their switches.

Attachments

• 20210313_161925.jpg
    20210313_161925.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210313_161932.jpg
    20210313_161932.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 16

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Since I have a regular cab it doesn't have any of the mounting points factory. I ended up cutting the rear mounting ears off the console and then finding self tapping screws that were just long enough to go through the factory console front hole and then two screws in the rear through the back most rear cubby hole. Then with AK49BWL's help I pulled power from the rear domelight. At his suggestion I added some diodes and an extra ground wire between each map light and the power switch for them because I wanted them to come on when I open the doors as well as being able to control them individually by their switches.
I'm wondering tho if it's because it's a Reg Cab or because it's a 93 lol.