opinions please, i bought a truck now looking at another...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zchrisz

Reaction score
ok, the vortec definitely had more power then i would have thought, but not nearly as much as my tbi 350... so i'm passing on that... another question though, this truck rode so nice even over bumps, why is that? my truck will throw you to the other side and give you whiplash, i have new sensa trac shocks on it. didn't change that

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Rougher ride is probably because the 90 has 8 more years on them torsion bars and leafs? :shrug:

zchrisz

Reaction score
yeah i think my 90 is cranked a little but it's level with the back, the rear doesnt have any add a leafs or blocks, that makes that much of a difference when they are cranked eh?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Sure does. That's why along with your suspension angles off, it wears out your suspension faster.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I have both... I have a 94 TBI 350 w/ 4.56 gears and 35's. Also have a 97 with a Vortec 305 w/ 3.73 gears and 33's. Both are ecsb's. The 94 has more bottom end grunt. But is by no means faster than the 97. And tbh I'd rather tow with my 97. I think it pulls way better than the 94.

And what I've noticed on single cabs just a slight bit of crank is compared to a lot of crank on a excab.

And your going from a single cab to an excab so there will be more weight right off the bat.

zchrisz

Reaction score
I have both... I have a 94 TBI 350 w/ 4.56 gears and 35's. Also have a 97 with a Vortec 305 w/ 3.73 gears and 33's. Both are ecsb's. The 94 has more bottom end grunt. But is by no means faster than the 97. And tbh I'd rather tow with my 97. I think it pulls way better than the 94.

And what I've noticed on single cabs just a slight bit of crank is compared to a lot of crank on a excab.

And your going from a single cab to an excab so there will be more weight right off the bat.

all your points are valid, extended cab is a little more weight, but even so i would only get the 350, as i was going up a hill the 305 just didn't do it well, and if i had some load in the back i'd be laughing, or pissed...

my tbi 350 does have low end torque, doesn't breath good up high but it's a truck and i guess that's what i need.

thanks guys for your opinions.