Do I have a K3500HD or just a random beefier truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a solid front axle and disc brakes all around are probably going to be the easiest way to find those then. I'll have to keep a lookout so I can snatch one if one ever come up for sale. That's a nice truck!

Get one of each! (tho sadly, ol' blue succumbed to frame rot)

Attachments

• IMG_0537.JPEG
    IMG_0537.JPEG
    594.6 KB · Views: 19

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The door stickers are worn off from use and faded so you can't read it there. The VIN on the windshield isn't tampered with, it's just covered in junk like mouse crap, and mud from thirty years of use around the Appalachian mountains.

Either way, I'm not too worried about it. The guy I bought it from is a friend of a friend. We all know each other in our small community. He's a cop and I know him through the volunteer fire service as well. We've fought fires together before, I know his Pastor and his fellow Church members. Not the kind of guy that tampers with VINs.

In a tiny community like ours way back in the mountains if you scam someone then your name becomes mud and you're practically shunned. The community grapevine is a real thing. Nobody is going to trade with you, or buy or sell things with you and when you get stuck in a blizzard or in the wet clay in the spring nobody is going to be pulling you out if your name is trash.

It's sort of self-policing. We have to be with the drug addicts here. Without the support of your neighbors here you're going to have a rough time. In any event I've already tagged the truck as a farm vehicle at the DMV and have it insured with no problems.
Saying the VIN is unreadable ( everybody interprets that as tampered ), is not the same didn't think it was worth cleaning the dirt and dust off to find the basic body style and weight rating.