Opinion on new TBI injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This last weekend I rebuilt my 350 throttle body with all new gaskets and sensors and tried to clean up some of the gunk that has been collecting for the last 25 years. I also replaced the pressure regulator spring with another one to bump up the fuel pressure a little (http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-psi-TBI-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d26983145&vxp=mtr) to feed the 383. Unfortunately, I re-used the injectors that were in it. After getting it put back together, I noticed that one of the injectors is dribbling fuel, not spraying the usual cone pattern like it should. I found these on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Set...r-1987-96-Chevy-GMC-Trucks-5-7L-/201262167920) to possibly go in place of the stock injectors, but do you guys think they are worth it? A friend of mine told me I could have the stock injectors out of his '94 that I could send out to be cleaned and flow matched. Would I really gain anything going with the 70#/hr injectors over a cleaned up set of 58#/hr stock injectors?

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for a 383 stroker you should also be looking into a stronger fuel pump. The stock TBI fuel pump is only good for about 8 to 12 psi

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for a 383 stroker you should also be looking into a stronger fuel pump. The stock TBI fuel pump is only good for about 8 to 12 psi

I have an EP381 pump waiting to go in. Just haven't had time to do it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score

14 ish, i used a tpi pump back with mine, stock 350 TB bored and modded, i just used a washer instead of a spring but you could also make it adjustable with a bolt or bike cable. i would personally have yours flow tested and redone, but thats me id like to know both are operating equally then buying two that i know nothing about.

would you really gain anything with 70 injectors? it depends id use 350 ones with a 350 tb and 454 ones with a 454 tb is its running lean otherwsie im still sticking with 350 injectors. another option is the purple ones i believe that are 68lb cop ones or so i dont really recall. my 383 did fine with 350 stuff bumped up, it was a dd though balanced to 8 could hit 6500 if i wanted it to before it would run lean but it was my DD i never got it out that far.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
14 ish, i used a tpi pump back with mine, stock 350 TB bored and modded, i just used a washer instead of a spring but you could also make it adjustable with a bolt or bike cable. i would personally have yours flow tested and redone, but thats me id like to know both are operating equally then buying two that i know nothing about.

would you really gain anything with 70 injectors? it depends id use 350 ones with a 350 tb and 454 ones with a 454 tb is its running lean otherwsie im still sticking with 350 injectors. another option is the purple ones i believe that are 68lb cop ones or so i dont really recall. my 383 did fine with 350 stuff bumped up, it was a dd though balanced to 8 could hit 6500 if i wanted it to before it would run lean but it was my DD i never got it out that far.

I'm leaning toward taking the 350 injectors my friend gives me and having them sent out to be cleaned and flow matched. This 383 motor I have was built to be a direct replacement for a TBI 350 and use the same injection hardware. 70#/hr injectors may be overkill.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward taking the 350 injectors my friend gives me and having them sent out to be cleaned and flow matched. This 383 motor I have was built to be a direct replacement for a TBI 350 and use the same injection hardware. 70#/hr injectors may be overkill.[/QUOTwhatre the specs on it? tbi heads and intake and just 383 bottom end?

if somewhat like that just bump the pressure up a hair run it at like 12psi or so tpi pump would be a good choice as well, itll run fine as is just a bit lean and not full potential