Tbi 350 has no power on the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very true. I cringe everytime I see someone grab a handful of plug wires and put a few zip ties on them to bundle them together to keep them off their manifolds or headers. Well intentioned but not realizing what they are doing can cause big issues.
I cringe everytime someone says you can drop in disributor and wherever it lands is #1. No regard for reluctor/pick-up placement timing..

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You posted while I was adding, but I totally get this, not all do. Only eight points in 360 degree's where the distributor is in "phase" Let's start with some basics.

Last edited:

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually posted, then looked up that word. Apparantly it has a completely different meaning coming from a sex act common in the UK now rather than how it was always used in the past relating to a vehicle. Refer to an engine as a dog and it means it is sluggish or weak. To dog on an engine or car meant to run the snot out of it all the time.
You are a braver man than i for looking it up, seems like people are fairly nuts right now... ooh nuts is safe so theres that :)

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will also add this, since I was just in there. Kind of a custom setup due to what is on it, so cannot exactly follow the FSM. However if you look close, anywhere a plug wire crosses another it is at a near 90* cross. Not the best looking, but EMI induced crossfiring does not care what it looks like. Cross a wire over another at as close to a 90* angle as possible to minimize the chance of inducing a voltage in another wire and keep them properly spaced for the rest of the runs. Next time around, I will get a universal wire set and customize the wire lengths, this was just a set I had laying around that I test ran the 383 in the 97 with on the stand. The mechanical gauges have since been removed and the harness has been finalized as well as the doghouse is on and I have made a few test drives but that is for a later post. With 2.5" straight pipes it is LOUD and HAULS BUTT!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer the cut my own variety.
As do I, these were just an almost new, decent set of Accels for a HEI I had laying in a tote un-used. Plug wires are getting expensive now. The pre-made ones are always off in lengths. One is going to be almost too short and one far too long, 100% of the time.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As do I, there were just an almost new, decent set of Accels for a HEI I had laying in a tote un-used. Plug wires are getting expensive now. The pre-made ones are always off in lengths. One is going to be almost too short and one far too long, 100% of the time.
Not that I dislike Accel wires, I like the 8.8's

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not that I dislike Accel wires, I like the 8.8's
Oreilly is carrying them now in their Blue Streak premium version. Look like they are made by Taylor even and half the cost plus a better warranty. I have them for the L31 setup running the 383 in the 97 Express. Holding up well even with the headers.