OBD1 Datalogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Tried ports 4,5 & 6.I had it on port 5 for the longest time then it quit working for some reason.So I then tried 4 & 6 with no luck.I just wonder if the tiny ciruit board in the USB plug took a dump...
Here's the port settings,I honestly don't know what they are supposed to be.
You must be registered for see images attach

Currently on com4

Sorry it's so small,that's the way it came out.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Tried ports 4,5 & 6.I had it on port 5 for the longest time then it quit working for some reason.So I then tried 4 & 6 with no luck.I just wonder if the tiny ciruit board in the USB plug took a dump...
Here's the port settings,I honestly don't know what they are supposed to be.
You must be registered for see images attach

Currently on com4

Sorry it's so small,that's the way it came out.

Just taking a chunk out of the first page for you to go over;

How To Select Your COM Port in TunerProRT:
Open TunerPro RT, make sure cable is plugged in your laptop,(no vehicle req'd.)
Go to Tools > Preferences > Data Acquisisition/Emulation > Select Interface Type: Use Plug in > Configure plug in and make sure it is on the correct COM port, Test for Valid Interface using settings.
Select the COM port that you discovered previously. Apparently USB cables are never below COM5. Mine was COM12.

Apparently USB cables are never below COM5. Mine was COM12.

If your using a USB style ALDL connector, you shouldn't(apparently) be using a COM port that is lower than 5.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Just taking a chunk out of the first page for you to go over;

How To Select Your COM Port in TunerProRT:
Open TunerPro RT, make sure cable is plugged in your laptop,(no vehicle req'd.)
Go to Tools > Preferences > Data Acquisisition/Emulation > Select Interface Type: Use Plug in > Configure plug in and make sure it is on the correct COM port, Test for Valid Interface using settings.
Select the COM port that you discovered previously. Apparently USB cables are never below COM5. Mine was COM12.

Apparently USB cables are never below COM5. Mine was COM12.

If your using a USB style ALDL connector, you shouldn't(apparently) be using a COM port that is lower than 5.

Says he tried comm 6.....

grampadirt

Reaction score
Yes,I understand all that,it was all running quite well on com5 until a couple of months ago.I'll try a higher port # just to see....I'll try 10 & above,if the lappy lets me.

I should add I'm talking about opening new ports under Device Manager.
10 is a no go.

Last edited:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Says he tried comm 6.....

Didn't see that part.
What's with all the dots? It's like a.. "he tried comm 6.....what do you think he's stupid?"
:shrug:

Yes,I understand all that,it was all running quite well on com5 until a couple of months ago.I'll try a higher port # just to see....I'll try 10 & above,if the lappy lets me.

I should add I'm talking about opening new ports under Device Manager.
10 is a no go.

Well I'd try all the comm ports above 5.. if that doesn't work, try another USB cable.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Didn't see that part.
What's with all the dots? It's like a.. "he tried comm 6.....what do you think he's stupid?"
:shrug:.
nope, not at all.

Its how i usually end a conversation awaiting comment.

Kind of acknowledgement there's more to come....

:)

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
nope, not at all.

Its how i usually end a conversation awaiting comment.

Kind of acknowledgement there's more to come....

:)

Hahah alright didn't know if I had been stepping on toes perhaps, in that case I await your influx of periods.... :p

Exactly:waytogo:

Time for a new cable.

If I used my cable a LOT I would leave it as a permanent fixture in the truck, it takes some effort to plug it in and unplug it so I'm sure the connector takes a bit of a beating.

grampadirt

Reaction score
Hahah alright didn't know if I had been stepping on toes perhaps, in that case I await your influx of periods.... :p

If I used my cable a LOT I would leave it as a permanent fixture in the truck, it takes some effort to plug it in and unplug it so I'm sure the connector takes a bit of a beating.

It's all good,no toes were stepped on:waytogo:

I've had that cable in and out of the burb many times,I've also left it in for a week or so at a time,maybe I treated it a little to rough.