OBD1 Datalogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Damn,just when we need him most.

I know right. I sent you my data log. That was the 1st time I have held it pinned since I was in a mud pit about 2 years ago! She gets up and moves though. I guess the reading will be slightly off for speed because I have 4.56's and havnt touched the speedo.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I can't read your file,looks like I'd need your .bin & .xdf and set up a dash to read it.Looks like the old OBD1 system is very particular.Can we continue this tomorrow afternoon? I'm pooped and wanna get rested for a little 4x4 play time in the hills tomorrow morning with some friends.Maybe someone else might chime in in the meantime.

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking into purchasing the cable and start monitoring my 95 suburban. Will this also show data on the trans? I'm having some shifting issues. Trying to narrow down if it's just a few parts or if I should just get a rebuild. I look forward to digging into the data!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Looking into purchasing the cable and start monitoring my 95 suburban. Will this also show data on the trans? I'm having some shifting issues. Trying to narrow down if it's just a few parts or if I should just get a rebuild. I look forward to digging into the data!

yea it will show some trans information, not everything, but a decent amount.

dbrannon79

Reaction score
Good morning guys, I apologize for bringing this old thread back to life. there is some really good info here. I am just getting into learning this and would like do some data logging on my truck learning as much as I can. would anyone know where I can find all the files needed for TunerPro like the definition file .xdf, and the .xdl and .adf specific to a 94-95 obd1 6.5 diesel? I have my ecm number 16212488 prom id BPAA and a spare ecm from a 94, number 16183977 prom id BMRM. I have been searching high and low only to come up empty. I can find most everything for a gas truck though. if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction or even if they have the files they would be willing to share with me it would be great!

dbrannon79

Reaction score
This is all I could find for the 3977 6.5L (nothing for 2488) scroll down to the bottom for an .xdf file. Good luck

www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?661-16183977-PCM-Information-EC-Turbo-Diesel
Thank you. looks like most everything is there that's needed, I'll have to try it out on my truck. looks like the member that posted it was building it from scratch and fine tuning it to match the 6.5's ecm data. now I can find out if my homemade ALDL cable will work with TunerPro like it will on the GMTDscan software to read codes.

P.S. I love your signature!