OBD1 Datalogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Got my new Cable today,installed the drivers hooked it up to the laptop then the suburban & in a second or two Tuner Pro was connected:waytogo:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
This thread is old but its a good read since I am new to all this. I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. I got it all hooked up and getting live data so I tried to do some data logging and hit the record button and stoped it then saved the file. I did this 2 times and saved them under different names. When I load the data log file it plays but has no data showing. wondering what I did wrong?

grampadirt

Reaction score
Were you using Tuner Pro RT? If so look at the bottom of the screen,next to the ''connect'' word and you'll see the data log being saved.If you didn't let it go until the log file completely saved it might not save it at all.Next time you want to see the saved file and after you clicked the play file and the window pops up try selecting ''all files'',it might show up then.

Damn,re-read my post,hope I explained it correctly.

read your other thread....is possible for you to play the file,pause it then do a ''print screen'' so we can see what you see?

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I don't know what went wrong the first 2 times I data logged? I just went for a drive and it recorded perfectly. This program is a ****** to learn lol.

So what does integration(INT) stand for? I am fluctuating into the red on that. I have lots of knock counts under hard acceleration I think. I am guessing it keeps adding the knock counts up like miles because it seems to just keep adding to an existing number. I don't have any knock retard that I have noticed yet, so I guess that's good. I am starting to really like it there are some cool features in this program like the Fuel usage and MPG although I have no clue how it calculates that.

grampadirt

Reaction score
I've had it for a couple of years and still don't know all it can do.There are ways to add ''gauges'' to the dash,but can get complicated.I use it mainly to monitor a few sensors,mainly the O2,TPS,MAP,IAC & EGR.Here's a sample of one of my ''dash'' screens.

You must be registered for see images attach

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yours looks different to mine I need to do some adjustments to it I guess. Anyway I can send you my .XDL of my full throttle 1st though 2nd slow roll start to review and see what you think? I have some knock retard going on at mid to high rpm I think. went up to 3.something knock retard. I think I need to set my timing back to 0 its at 3 right now. I am running on jet stage 2 chip on 91ocatane ATM.

grampadirt

Reaction score
I've added a few gauges to the main six you get when you first start using the program,others can be added later.You can also chenge each gauge by right clicking on a gauge,then click on ''values'' then select a new gauge.Also,hover the mouse arrow along the top row of icons and when you see ''dash lists'' click on it.This will show you all the values the program monitors(I'm doing this from memory so I hope I got it right).

As far as you log file goes,send it to ''[email protected]''.I'm still learning this stuff so I may not be much help.I've always thought if there was no pinging I wasn't too worried.Great White is the man you need to hear from,he knows way more than I do.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I've added a few gauges to the main six you get when you first start using the program,others can be added later.You can also chenge each gauge by right clicking on a gauge,then click on ''values'' then select a new gauge.Also,hover the mouse arrow along the top row of icons and when you see ''dash lists'' click on it.This will show you all the values the program monitors(I'm doing this from memory so I hope I got it right).

As far as you log file goes,send it to ''[email protected]''.I'm still learning this stuff so I may not be much help.I've always thought if there was no pinging I wasn't too worried.Great White is the man you need to hear from,he knows way more than I do.

Ok ill send it to you. Someone pissed off greatwhite so he isn't here anymore go figure.