OBD1 Datalogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Stoich being 14.7?Wouldn't a wideband O2 sensor be needed to monitor this on a OBDI system?

Depends on how precise you want it to be.

You can get by just fine with the factory stuff on a mild engine.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ObdI is great for keeping costs down and it's been tore apart six different ways from sunday so the info is readily available.

But i gotta say; after the first pull off to the side of the road, hook up 1 cable and a 2 minute reflash later running down the road, I'll never go back to obdI again.

I also prefer OBDII for the data transfer speeds and much more detailed tables.

Only OBDI pcm i've had even come close was the last iteration of the 7427 obdI boxes. They're no slouch, but they're no obdII either. I had a 7427 running the tuned port setup on my 89 K1500. Swapped in a vortec harness and a 411 pcm and the world opened right up for me in tuneable variables....obdI worked fine, but OBDII was sooooo mich nicer.

But again, more expensive.....ya pay ya money, ya takes ya chances.....;)

I love the 7427 in my truck. But the 7730 in my Beretta is no slouch either.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Lately my burb has been giving me trouble....when I give it gas to go it just stumbles and wants to die.So,I hooked up the laptop and started Tuner Pro.What I found was the TPS signal would come and go so I had a friend wiggle the wires going to it and found the signal would fluctuate according to the wiggle.We exposed the wires in the loom and found two of the wires going to the TPS were partially melted together(probably due to them being under and touching the EGR valve...gets hot).We seperated the wires and Voi La! no hesitation when stepping on the skinny pedal.The true test will be this morning when I start it in the cold....gonna do that in a few minutes.

I'll be getting a new TPS connector today reguardless as the current connector has a couple of loose wires.

Even though I haven't done any datalogging lately Tuner Pro still helps me diagnose problems :waytogo:

grampadirt

Reaction score
Got the new TPS connector it today and installed it(yes on solder,shrink wrap each connection and one big one on all three wires together,then the flexible tubing).It now runs way better like it should.Lesson learned about checking for burnt,melted,broken wires.

grampadirt

Reaction score
Don't know what happened but my laptop quit recognizing the PCM.As far as I cant tell the ALDL connector has the necessary signal,maybe the cable?