New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
how heavy do you think the bed is? I dont have a lift and I'm unsure if the beam I have here on the front of my carport will handel it. it should but I wonder. I have been considering building a very tall tripod out of some hickory trees instead I have lots of perfectly straight and tall ones in my bush. I can remember pretty much how my dad and his brothers tripod was built. hell I might even be able to find that old tripod.

Al

I honestly don't know. Everyone I've talked to says you want a person on each corner of the bed. I figured I'd do my part for social distancing by eliminating 3 helpers...:)

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Far as I know, MATCO makes nothing except--maybe--some tool boxes. Everything else is "bought in" from other companies, Sometimes it's got a MATCO embossing, or it's produced in a different color or shipped in fancier packaging or with additional accessories than what's sold under the manufacturer's brand name.

MATCO "used" to stand for Mac Allied Tool Company, they made the tool boxes sold by Mac Tools. They split from Mac decades ago--but I remember when the tool part numbers in the MATCO catalog were the same as the equivalent tool in the Mac Tools catalog.

Hard to say if the fluid extractor sold by MATCO is identical to the one pushed by Hazzard Fraught or not. I bet the HF unit is a Chinese knock-off of a Taiwanese, Mexican, or--maybe--a Made In America product. Specifically designed to look similar but sell cheaper.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I love how the text says "bare steel" but the photo has it painted pretty blue. Eastwood is well-known for screwing it's customers with deceptive advertising.

I used a 2X4 cut to length, some bolts, nuts and some chain I already owned.
Photo 1. Bed removed to access fuel pump.
http://hbassociates.us/Fuel_Pump_1.JPG
You must be registered for see images attach
O.K. guys, you got the bed off. Now for the fun part. Taking the cab off a crew cab square body to put a new frame under it. In a gravel driveway.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O.K. guys, you got the bed off. Now for the fun part. Taking the cab off a crew cab square body to put a new frame under it. In a gravel driveway.
That is what I was curious about, a crew cab cab. As far as beds go, I just use 2 heavy ratchet straps in an X across the bed using the stake pockets and then lift in the middle of the X.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score

That is what I was curious about, a crew cab cab. As far as beds go, I just use 2 heavy ratchet straps in an X across the bed using the stake pockets and then lift in the middle of the X.

...I'm listening... and ready to take notes.
I'm picturing a semi-sketchy combo of wood boards and blocks, jack and jack stands, then roll chassis out from under?